Bassani catted x ground clearance problems

Fran

Established Member
Does anybody else have clearance issues with this catted x pipe? I went to the mall and scraped over every speed bump. Is this right or did I install this wrong? It seems like the height is not adjustable because of the length of the pipes coming down from the manifold.

Thanks

evans03c

1% evil, 99% hot air
Established Member
I have a Bassani X and KB springs. I don't hit speed bumps but I have to be a little careful on driveways and such.

Tommy98016

Heavy Ass Vert
Established Member
Not sure if you are lowered or not but I am at stock height w/a Bassani catted X and have not scraped at all. I will be lowering my snake soon so I will just have to be carefull.

I had problems all the time scraping my Bassani X when my car had lowering springs, due to all the speed bumps at the parking deck at work. The car rebounded too much with the lowering springs. Since going to the MM coilover, there has been zero problems. Obviously, you're just going have to be more careful . . . but what you are experiencing is quite normal.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
when we put mine on it hung pretty low...loosened it up a little and had a friend push up on it while I snugged it up again, clearance is about the same as stock now

askiles

I can't stop MODDING!!!
Established Member
IF you are having problems with it scraping, loosen everything up, push up on the x-pipe somehow (I use a small sloor jack and jacked that biatch up), then tighten everything down. I only hit the occasinal mammoth speed bump. Anyways, try that. Later.

-Andy

Users who are viewing this thread