Bassani exhaust repair question

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
I purchased some Bassani SS tails from Ebay recently and to make a long story short, I got screwed and the tails are scratched up and dented.

Are there any repairs that can be done to remove small dents in a tailpipe? Im not sure if the scratches will come out even with sanding them, which was my intent in buying them in the first place *polished tails*.

TIA....

I have some pics but cannot post any attachments, but if anyone is willing to help me out and post them for me.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Dents are going to be tough to fix, depending on the number of dents and their size. Also, the time/expense might not be worth it. You can, of course, use a lot of elbow grease/time and sand/polish them. Go here for more info and instructions. If the dents aren't too bad hopefully the polishing will make them least noticeable. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/how-230/568983-how-polish-your-exhaust.html

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
Well the good thing about the dents is that theyre on the top of the pipe so they wont be noticeable. Just knowing that the dents are there is enough for me not to put them on the car though.

Edit-Couldnt I drill a small hole in the opposite side and try to push the dent out then use some JB Weld or equivalent to cover the small hole.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread