BAT 6 mile 2003 Cobra

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Wonder if it’ll break the 81.5 price tag of a 04 mystic with just under 1000 miles as highest priced sold termi on BAT? … doubt you’ll see another red coupe 10th like this ;)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Super cool, but what a bad investment.
A bad investment would be to sell at a loss or marginal profit. $35K new. Will likely hit $70K by the end of the auction. The current used car market made this the right time to sell it.

q6543

Established Member
It would need to sell for well over $200k just to equal market perform.
Closer to 250k.

That car @ 70k is equivalent to losing $175k
That's why I said bad investment, it'd be different if he at least put a few thousand miles of fun on it.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
It would need to sell for well over $200k just to equal market perform.
Closer to 250k.

That car @ 70k is equivalent to losing $175k
That's why I said bad investment, it'd be different if he at least put a few thousand miles of fun on it.

Yup all of these late bloomers have been terrible "investments".

I love how people act like Supras and R34 GTRs are gold mines.

Supra was $50k new in the 90's - GTRs have been in the 60's and 70's forever - for either jumping into 6-figures is barely "breaking even" let alone a windfall investment.

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
Can the wrapping still be removed without hurting the paint? If this was done for a purely financial purpose, it was a bad decision.

Balt21

Established Member
The crazy part to me is that it has had 3 owners and none of them drove it.

Balt21

Established Member
In what way?

If the buyer wraps it up and stores this thing for 20 years, guarenteed it will fetched multiple times what he paid for it.
I'm not who you quoted, but I think what he is getting at is that if you took that same amount of money back in 2003 and invested in say the S&P 500 it would now be worth more than what that car will most likely go for.

Here is a calculator assuming the original owner invested the MSRP of $36,560 into the S&P 500. As of March 2022, it would be worth $204,179. So, unless that car goes for more than $204,179 it would be a bad investment.
S&P 500 Periodic Reinvestment Calculator, With Dividends– DQYDJ

Edit: The calculation didn't stick in the link, but you can play with it by entering the dates, making the starting amount $36,560, and the monthly investment $0.00.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I think this will hit $100k or close to it.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Doing an inflation calculator least in where where in a weird high inflated mark beyond norm trend periods should be taken in accounts. Not quite apples to apples, if it was in par of nor inflation (no disagreement).

Starting salaries for post college educated students isn’t comparable (2022) to what they were making vs students whom graduated and their first job in the late 90s / early 00s. I used the calculator in reverse to compare my 1st salary out of college vs my dads. My was significant less.

I’ve seen 11-14 GTs as well as gt500 go for and sell for as much as they were new as well as other cars / trucks people getting equity on their lease vs break even or less (which is typically what occurrs). It’s crazy, cars aren’t suppose to be an Investment but over the past year or so… it’s proven otherwise due to outside factors propelling it forth.

Last edited:

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
A little too coincidental :unsure:
B62AC183-2EBB-4010-B76F-77292C4D06C4.jpeg

ZiaRunner

Established Member
Meh it does nothing for me. It’s a shame it was never enjoyed outside of dusting it.

You could just buy a die cast model, take up less real estate and do the same thing with it for a lot less money.

Also a low mile top tier price terminator doesn’t seem all that rare these days.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Meh it does nothing for me. It’s a shame it was never enjoyed outside of dusting it.

You could just buy a die cast model, take up less real estate and do the same thing with it for a lot less money.

Also a low mile top tier price terminator doesn’t seem all that rare these days.

I always thought the Beanie Baby Boomer fad started with the reintroduction of the Shelby and retro muscle cars.

Probably a hundred or more 3V Shelby GTs sitting in Buble Wrap somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread