Battery question

bmyles

Established Member
Hey guys my stock battery is showing the red eye in the little indicator on top. I charged it and it comes up fully charged. I also did the recondition cycle and no change, is it done? It starts the car fine, but the car sits for like 7 months in the winter and I haven't had a tender on it :(
aqyda8en.jpg

Last edited:

BrianH87

Established Member
Glad you posted this. Mine is doing the exact same thing. Sat since October and still started, but you could tell it was struggling. I drove the car a few days and even took in to the dealer for state inspection / emmissions. They didn't say anything, so I just assumed it was normal. Did you check the fluid level at all?

nonliberal

Established Member
Those indicators are about as reliable as the pop-up timer in a Turkey on Thanksgiving. Best to just ignore it and act like it's not even there. When it goes bad you will know and then replace it.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Those indicators are about as reliable as the pop-up timer in a Turkey on Thanksgiving. Best to just ignore it and act like it's not even there. When it goes bad you will know and then replace it.

I would disagree. I would have the battery test. I think its not holding a full charge and no longer has full cranking amps

dead man walkin

Established Member
The red eye indicates a cell inside the battery is dead, the battery will still crank the car and possibly pass a battery test but this is your warning that you have a failing battery,

Users who are viewing this thread