Battery Tender Users...

Lumpydogs

Established Member
Any other Battery Tender users having a problem with accelerated corrosion on battery terminals? Terminals were like new clean 600 miles ago when engine was rebuilt. Today the corrosion was so bad I lost all dash functions and couldn't start the car. The Ironic part was that the battery had a full charge :poke:

p.s. Thanks again to the guys at Rehagen Racing for the quick diagnosis and clean up. :beer:

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
havent used my battery tender yet BUT i would clean up the terminals and put some sealer on there and see what happens. (assuming you didnt use a sealer to begin with)

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
Corrosion happens because fumes escape from between the battery case and the terminal. If your battery tender is constantly putting a charge on it instead of just periodically checking/charging, it's causing more and more fumes to seep out and corrode your terminals. You should buy some battery terminal protector spray and some of those washers.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Don't buy the spray. Its sticky and attracts more dirt which doens't help.

Spray paint gives you the best sealing results.

oldmodman

Established Member
No problems. I bought six of them off Ebay and all have worked perfectly. As long as I remember to plug them in my batteries stay in good shape.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
if a battery tender is causing this type of problem your battery is no good. but your battery was on its way out before you used the tender. the tender did not cause this......

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
The spray you use on the back of brake pads work quite well for keeping the terminals clean. I've never had a problem personally, but several vehicles that our shop services I have seen some pretty nasty buildup, but a good wire brush clean with a nice coat of disc brake quiet on the terminals will keep her good to go for a while. Don't forget the felt washers either. Dirt cheap that I remember for a full can, and they will def help out with your issues.

Lumpydogs

Established Member
I have no problem with the Battery Tender, it works great. I was just asking if anyone was experiencing corrosion issues. Now that I know, I'll just keep an extra eye on it from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread