Battle of the Bikes: Yamaha R1M vs ZX14 -S1000RR - CBR 1000.

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
My 04 cobra is currently being built, so in the meantime having some fun on my R1M.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

oldmachguy

Established Member
My 04 cobra is currently being built, so in the meantime having some fun on my R1M.

Hmm ... glad to see I'm not the only one to put The Canyon to its proper use. <cough>. For occasional patrons like me, who've never seen LEO's down there, is it patrolled much?

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
Hauln ass, what was wrong with the 14? Shouldnt that bike have easily pulled you?

Not really, although the 14's have bigger motors they are also heavier bikes. It also help that I'm a light rider 160lbs. The Zx14 bike weight is easily 100+ lbs more than my bike, not to mention if the rider is heavier as well.

Idiots. Way too much traffic.

Hmmmm, I respectfully accept that statement, the tunnel had more traffic then what's normally there.

Very fast bikes! Miss my zx10.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Those new ZX10's are nasty.

Hmm ... glad to see I'm not the only one to put The Canyon to its proper use. <cough>. For occasional patrons like me, who've never seen LEO's down there, is it patrolled much?

To be honest, I can count on one hand how many times I've actually seen a cop down there.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not very smart.

Bikes move out. I miss my ZX10 and RC8R; but I know I got too comfortable riding, much like you guys. I'll keep it on 4 rubbers from now on.

bunits19714

Established Member
OP_ what is the actually top speed of your r1m- obvious in the video you hit 180, ever have it faster than that, just curious. didn't know if it was speed limited or just runs out of rpm it will pull in 6th gear.

nxhappy

Established Member
better off on a long backside country rode brother ..

that being said, nice riding.

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
Not very smart.

Bikes move out. I miss my ZX10 and RC8R; but I know I got too comfortable riding, much like you guys. I'll keep it on 4 rubbers from now on.

Yeah I understand.

OP_ what is the actually top speed of your r1m- obvious in the video you hit 180, ever have it faster than that, just curious. didn't know if it was speed limited or just runs out of rpm it will pull in 6th gear.

I have never tried to tap the bike out, I usually shut down at the top of 5th gear. 177 is the highest Ive taken the bike.

better off on a long backside country rode brother ..

that being said, nice riding.
. I wish we had the luxury of back country roads.

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
what mods are done to the R1M? Are your flashed, and is the BMW flashed?

Sprint Air Filter, Full exhuast, Flash on dyno. BMW has same mods, not sure if he’s flashed or not.

Just a fun fact (maybe just for me) I may be one of the older members, but I may have the lowest post count per year year average.

Fast bikes ridden by future road meat .

What type of meat?

Wondering the mods on the S1000R1 and the R1

Air filter, full exhaust, flash. S1000RR not sure if its flashed.

holyshit I got sweaty palms and feet just watching that...

Interesting lol

MG0h3

Established Member

Not sure if they still do, but the big four manufacturers used to limit the bikes at 186, at least back in 2010 anyways. Also, the speedos were all off from the factory. Not sure why, but it was @6%. Had to run a speedohealer to correct it. Wasn't too big of a deal because changing the sprocket (gearing) was quite common so you'd need the speedohealer regardless.

Zemedici

Established Member
Not sure if they still do, but the big four manufacturers used to limit the bikes at 186, at least back in 2010 anyways. Also, the speedos were all off from the factory. Not sure why, but it was @6%. Had to run a speedohealer to correct it. Wasn't too big of a deal because changing the sprocket (gearing) was quite common so you'd need the speedohealer regardless.

Limiters are removed when tuned, same as cars

Users who are viewing this thread