Battle of the Bikes: Yamaha R1M vs ZX14 -S1000RR - CBR 1000.

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
Not sure if they still do, but the big four manufacturers used to limit the bikes at 186, at least back in 2010 anyways. Also, the speedos were all off from the factory. Not sure why, but it was @6%. Had to run a speedohealer to correct it. Wasn't too big of a deal because changing the sprocket (gearing) was quite common so you'd need the speedohealer regardless.

I haven't had the bike up that high, but my bike has been flashed, and generally most tuners remove all of those factory restrictions. I'm still on stock gearing as well.

What exhaust? Bike sounds good.

Two Brothers exhaust, but to be fair to Yamaha some of that sweet exhaust note you hear is due to engine design. Yamaha R1 cross plane engines just have a unique sound of their own I love it!!!!

MG0h3

Established Member
Im guessing your bikes are the same as mine was and can do about 100 in first gear. I dropped one tooth on the front sprocket and it was so much better all around. Quicker but the best part was when you were trying to do 25 or 30 in traffic. Could be in second comfortably instead of lugging the shit out of it

nxhappy

Established Member
agree on dropping a front tooth....turns the bike into an animal. Or +2 on the rear.

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
Im guessing your bikes are the same as mine was and can do about 100 in first gear. I dropped one tooth on the front sprocket and it was so much better all around. Quicker but the best part was when you were trying to do 25 or 30 in traffic. Could be in second comfortably instead of lugging the shit out of it

My bike has really tall gearing from the factory. I changed the gearing on my R6 and absolutely hated it. It was loud, and had my bike reving to the moon when doing highway cruising. The gearing on my R1 is actually not bad even at low speeds.

agree on dropping a front tooth....turns the bike into an animal. Or +2 on the rear.

Maybe I’ll try again sometime in the future, I just dont want to give up my top end.

Users who are viewing this thread