bbk longtubes

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
The car I bought has bbk's on it and im wondering if anyone else runs these and what setup you have. Its got a magnaflow catback but im sure im going with stingers now. I just need a decision on the midpipe now...anyone?

greengt88

Established Member
bbk should have h and x pipes that will work, i would recommend cats if u don't want it rasspy. i have a bassani catback and x-pipe, and it sounds like crap without the cats on. i've tried it both ways since my x-pipe came with straight pipes and cats. i have bbk long tubes w/ off road x on my fox body, and it sounds amazing...same bassani catback on that too. that's why i figured off-road would sound good on the cobra too, but that is not the case. not sure why they sound so bad with out the cats though....i also lost a butt load of bottom end with having the no cats. def. picked up on the top, but slugged out on the bottom-end. not to mention miserably loud. hope that helps, but it's ultimately up to what sound u are after....i much prefer the smooth crispness with the cats on. wish it had more volume to it though. maybe adding longtubes w/ cats would help me...i'd like to go with the bbk longtubes actually.

hotcobra03

Established Member
bbk

i have them ,,i have the o/road x,than flow masters....

to me its raspy but crisp....i also have the catted x pipe i didnt notice a difference in sound but i did feel a difference in responce

i used the 2.5 inch pipe,,i believe they offer 3 inch also which would change the sound

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
So only certain midpipes will hook up to longtubes correct? I'm leaning towards a midpipe with removable cats just in case I wanna be loud at times

greengt88

Established Member
u may want to have a good exhaust shop fab u one, you can purchase an X from one of the exhaust comapnies and use that instead of bending pipes, cutting them and calling it an X, which is what the cheaper do anyway. probably would cost about the same.

hotcobra03

Established Member
bbk

So only certain midpipes will hook up to longtubes correct? I'm leaning towards a midpipe with removable cats just in case I wanna be loud at times

you need to look and see what you have now...go to bbk`s web site and you will see part numbers for the right piece,,than i would look into buying a used 1...

mine are 7yrs old and 276k and are just dirty with the normal wear..

being lucky to have this type of exhaut (bbk) you can change pieces very easy without a jack

chitowncobra

Established Member
The car I bought has bbk's on it and im wondering if anyone else runs these and what setup you have. Its got a magnaflow catback but im sure im going with stingers now. I just need a decision on the midpipe now...anyone?
i have BBK Longtubes as well and BBK O/R H w/borla stingers loud as hell and does not sound raspy at all!!! has that old school muscle car sound, get nothing but thumbs up!!!:beer::beer:

EBCOBRA

Fender Roller
Established Member
I have BBK longtubes with a BBK catted X pipe. I recently switched to Borla stingers and love it.

Heres a quick video
[youtube_browser]xw3yi6tHop8[/youtube_browser]

Heres a video with my SLP Loud Mouth 2's'
[youtube_browser]jtT7rjMitew[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]F8YYPyUnA24[/youtube_browser]

cobralove90

Established Member
see how the magnaflow sound first before changine the catback, i have magnaflow catback to and im going longtubes and x off road and it sounded nasty on my friends but thats my opion

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
see how the magnaflow sound first before changine the catback, i have magnaflow catback to and im going longtubes and x off road and it sounded nasty on my friends but thats my opion

Ive had magnaflow on 2 different cobras and its a little suttle for me. I cant run no cats thats too loud for me so im just too damn picky lol

Punisher03

Force Fed SVT
Established Member
I have BBK longtubes,BBK catted X-pipe,Magnaflow catback. Cruising around it has a good deep rumble and WOT its pretty loud,i like it but thinking of removing the cats also!:idea:

Users who are viewing this thread