BBK O2 Extensions...connectors are wrong.

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
Installed a Bassani catted X tonight. Ordered it and BBK O2 extensions from LFP. Finished installing around 10:30...the rev's sound good but didn't go for a drive yet as I live in the country and there are too many deer and other critters running around at night.

Anyways, the O2 extensions I got with the x pipe are completly backwards from their mating plugs (see pics). Anybody else have this problem?? I tried them on both rear O2 sensors and neither would work. I actually didn't need the extension for the pass. side but needed it for the driver side so I just filed off the tabs on the driver side O2 sensor. What gives?

edit: in the first pic, to some people they might look like they will work but try to see it as if you flipped the blue plug around like you were connecting them together...completely backwards!

And yes, the 2nd pic shows the front O2 sensor but the rear is the same way.

IMG_0577.gif

IMG_0583.gif

IMG_0587.gif

Last edited:

f2hatch

Established Member
Cut the two little ears off the green and blue plug. Thats what i did mine came the same way. You'll have no problems.

hb712

Established Member
Last install I did for a customer was like that. Just shave off the wrong tabs and you'll be fine.

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
lol, yeah that's what did last night...shaved the tabs off the factory O2 sensor. I was more or less curious if anybody else encountered this.

I also noticed that even though the connectors on the stock O2 sensors matched, the tabs looked worn down to the point where they looked half shaved off. They weren't as prominant as the tabs on the new O2 extensions. Just an observation.

Ran the car a bit tonight...45 deg. temp, new plugs, new x-pipe....she was feeling peppy (and sounding good)!! :banana:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Glad you got it figured out...Bassani catted x is what I'm runnin with the Stingers...love it!

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
Glad you got it figured out...Bassani catted x is what I'm runnin with the Stingers...love it!

Did you get any videos yet? I need to shoot some videos to prove to myself that it sounds like the few vid's that I have seen...it just doesn't sound the same inside the car (it's really not that loud IMO). LOL I did have a friend do a few rev's while I was behind the car....liked what I heard. Nice color BTW! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread