Votes: 139 87.4%
  • BBK

Votes: 20 12.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

greengt88

Established Member
love the bbk's on my fox, had them on a previous fox as well, and have a friend that has them on his cobra...for the price they are great.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
I have BBK. Previous owner installed them. They SUCK! can you say RUST!

Next spring I will be installing a new K-member, bye, bye to the BBKs and hello to Kooks.

cbr repsol

Established Member
i think bbk is better suited in older mustangs like the fox body. Im going with kooks for the cobra.

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
If I had the money, Kooks all the way. If you are on a tight budget, then MAC, and then BBk. Had BBK on my 96 cobra, and had leaks.

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
If I had the money, Kooks all the way. If you are on a tight budget, then MAC, and then BBk. Had BBK on my 96 cobra, and had leaks.

x2. Kooks is very well made. I had BBK's in my old cobra, and I had no problems with them, but if you have the $ then Kooks.

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
The BBKs on my Cobra (Vlads old cobra) are not bad, they are nice and are probably a descent bang for your buck but you can't beat the kooks, I love those kooks... the BBKs on my Cobra are rusting a bit, I'm not sure if they were coated at all but that is something that would factor my decision.

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
Kooks and ARH are in the same category. I have BBKs and am pretty dissapointed. I know New Englands weather sucks but i've maybe been caught in the rain 2 or 3 times and my headers look like complete ass and they stick out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of my car.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
I don't have any personal experience but I do know I want headers soon and from I've heard and read..

ARH > Kooks > Mac > BBK

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
I thought that it was common knowledge that BBK was garbage and you only used their parts to hold you over till you got enough money to buy the good stuff... On that note, just save your money and buy the good stuff once and forget about it!!! ARH..... end thread

Teej281

Established Member
I'd like to know why people would pick ARH over Kooks or vice versa just because I thought they were both very similar...but many here claim them to be vastly different.

Thoughts?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Longtubes are decent for some midrange gains but not a great gain at peak. Sound as well.

We did before and afters on my car about 3 years ago and with the 1 5/8th's Kooks longtubes plus their o/r x-pipe the boost came on faster and it held the hp just a hair longer. The entire graph was better with them and my car had I think my first port ever and a 2.8 upper only. Car picked up like 8hp and 12ft lbs of torque.

Teej281

Established Member
Yea, better throttle response, more midrange, peaks were never that impressive but who cares about peak power anyways? Its just a number. What it runs on the track and such is whats important and they will help there.

Teej281

Established Member
Thats what I've always said about BBK...which is why I dont have anything BBK on my car. lol

My96z

Established Member
Anyone try Pacesetters? You can get them coated with a X-pipe for less than $600. I was real happy with them on my f-body. When I do headers on my Cobra I am pretty sure they are what I am going to go with. Seem to make the numbers here:

Pacesetter header review

SVTLink

US ARMY SCOUT
Established Member
The quality on arh is superb, however it was a pain in the arse to install them. They sit higher than kooks so they don't ever bottom out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread