BBK throttle body question.

bobbys97r

Established Member
I have a twin 65MM TB on my 97 Cobra and it sticks bad at idle, but after the butterfly open its fine until it closes completly shut. I was wondering if this is common with these TB if so is there a fix? I have adjusted it usuing the adjustment screw. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
yes, mine used to, spray some wd 40 in tere, or just sand the butterflies in there a lil and it should slip back and forth just fine...or sand the tb insert itself..just a little till you feel it go smooth

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
I had nothing but idle issues with my BBK and my Accufab. My only fix was going back to stock...

Good luck!

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
mine still does hang a little....and i cant get my cruise control to hook up witht he BBK, the cable doesnt stretch far enough...ticks me off, all in the name of 2hp ahahah

ksigatmsu7f02

Established Member
:beer: Much better

I have the BBK TB on mine...was on there when I purchased the car....have the stock one in a box...mine doesn't seem to have any issues though....either that or I am not noticing them....it does seem to hang around 2000 when I come to a stop for a couple of seconds....other than that it seems to work fine....

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
my accufab idles at 1800prm! I was reading last night though that removing the IAC while the car is running and then adjusting the idle screw(on the TB) down to 700rpm or so, and disconnect your -battery terminal to reset. it should help the problem. haven't tried it yet, as I am still at work.

ksigatmsu7f02

Established Member
yea mine does the same reall quick, but how did you get your cruise control to work with it?

I guess you were talking to me on this....if not then ignore it....I'm not sure how it is that my cruise is connected but it is working fine....I didn't install the TB....I can take pictures of it to try and see whats different...what was the problem with yours? Is it a cable issue?

bobbys97r

Established Member
my accufab idles at 1800prm! I was reading last night though that removing the IAC while the car is running and then adjusting the idle screw(on the TB) down to 700rpm or so, and disconnect your -battery terminal to reset. it should help the problem. haven't tried it yet, as I am still at work.

have you tried it yet?

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
did it yesterday, and now it idles at 1100rpm, drastic improvement- have yet to adjust the TPS yet, as it was at 1.38 and now that I have adjusted the idle screw... only thing is- the idle screw when backed out far enough doesn't make contact with the throttle at all, and I can push it to the screw- I guess that means it sticks? but it takes a ton of effort to force it back- I don't know- I need to adjust my TPS and then report back, but it'll be a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread