Beaches in Pensacola

slider701

Established Member
Guys - We are thinking of taking a family vacation in March to Pensacola for the kid's spring break. We have gone every year for the past few years but are worried about going back this year due to the oil spill last year.

Does anyone have first hand, recent experience as to what the beaches are like right now?

Thanks in advance for the help.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
I live here and as of last summer the beaches were fine. I havent made it back out this yr but i have some friends that went out today and didnt hear anything bad.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'm in the Coast Guard, I can tell you that the beaches as of right now are ok to go to. They are filtering sand though, but there isn't visible oil on the beaches anymore.. Every once in a while you might see a tarball or two, but by the next day they will be gone since clean up crews are pretty on top of that..

cobra=trouble

Established Member
GREAT timing..im leave for pensacola tonight. beaches and weather are great there...right now is cheap. 1st of the month the rates go up.
will be staying at the Marroit on santa rosa , me and the wife..no cobra this time it's under the knife
but if you do or ''anyone staying'' there this weekend ''I'll Be There'' . just find the hottub and most likely you will find me LOL. password is doris ! LOL
i'll be wearing the BORLA hat ''do it'' ''do it now'' !

Last edited:

slider701

Established Member
If the gal in your signature is going to be there I don't care how the beaches look !

Good God this video is memorizing

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Going agian next weekend or the next one.i got a burn.plus had 3screwdrivers,
MAROIT WE BE DOING some repairs to the pool deck & hot tub will be shut also.need to find another place to go next time.beaches are fine

cobra=trouble

Established Member
they got a new holiday inn, that looks cool , i'll have to web it out !
the hilton inn is cool. cause it has a bar snacks,tvs in lobby, ..

WHOS GOING NEXT WEEK OR THE WEEK AFTER TO SANTA ROSA ISLAND? WILL HAVE TO MAKE PLANS.
im trying to get my family > my daughter and grand kids

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread