beat a 35th SS tonight....

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
on my way home from work, I saw a 35th Anniversary SS Camaro with HUGE banner sticker on the rear window saying SLP and some loud exhaust---suppose it is SLP?? LOL There was also a Mitsu 3000GT VR4 cruising near me and him but he exited with a wave before any racing commenced.

I finally got a chance to line up with the SS at around 55-60 and honked off 3. I jumped ahead maybe a half car length right away and pulled to maybe 2 cars by the time we shut down.

the second time we raced, thats right he wanted to "try" again, we went from the same rolling speed as above, 55-60 mph. I started honking it off and he told me to wait, then gave me the go ahead and I honked off 3 more. Same results as the first race but we were interrupted by traffic.

I pulled over to the right lane and tryed signaling for them, 2 young guys in the SS, to follow me down the exit so I could talk to them. Unfortunately, they thought I was just waving bye, so they gave me a friendly wave back and continued on. I waved back and took my exit, actually the exit 3 passed my exit. Turned around and went home with a smile. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
thanks for the congrats guys!!
It isnt as big of a kill as the C-5 Vette or the 351 Mach 1 that I beat, but I count it among my best kills to date. I cant wait till I become rich and can spend even more "go-fast" money on my car. LOL!!

Steeltwo

Established Member
Originally posted by Vanride69
thanks for the congrats guys!!
It isnt as big of a kill as the C-5 Vette or the 351 Mach 1 that I beat, but I count it among my best kills to date. I cant wait till I become rich and can spend even more "go-fast" money on my car. LOL!!
the lt4 isn't exactly a weak engine. alot of people compare it to the ls1 top end with lt1 low end..

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
Originally posted by Steeltwo
the lt4 isn't exactly a weak engine. alot of people compare it to the ls1 top end with lt1 low end..

who said anything about a LT4?? I am talking about a 35th anniversary LS1 Camaro SS and I drive a Mustang with a 302. No mention of LT4 anywhere??:shrug:

just curious what you are talking about.

Thanks again for all the congrats, but I got my arse handed to me today by a Keith Craft SS Camaro. Just goes to show, there is always a faster car. He was spraying though I think, or he was just running really rich. You could actually SEE the unburnt A/F mixture.....LOL!!

DaTruth

Established Member
My car gives a puff when I initially hit it NA.. It does run a little rich, but leans out afterwards..

NBMss346

Established Member
An LX is lighter, and it DOES make a difference. It was probably an LS1 with just exhaust, but I don't know for a fact, and I don't know what you have done to your car. A win is a win! Good kill!

03SLOBRA

Trollin aint easy
Established Member
VanRide69, Those Fox 5.0's are like boxes of chocolates.... you know the rest. I know over the years with mu run ins that you never know. My favorite was beating a very nice 91 GT with heads intake and exhaust. His car was show quality and I was actually suprised he went for a race. I expected to lose seeing as the car was just beautiful and I figured the guy built it like he maintained it, top notch. Well it wasn't the case I won rahter easily.

However it all come back when I ran into a rusty mid 80's 5.0 (recessed headlights) This car had lived a hard life and it showed but he drove it hard and it pulled me a few times on the top end. I doubt it was blown but it made big power on the top. Coulda been spray.

Ya just never know... guess that goes for LS1's too.

TwoToneFreak

MMMM, Spintechs!!
Established Member
Good Kill Van.!! Keep making us 5.0 guys proud. I love the look on people's faces when you pull on them, especially the camaro or trans am owners. They don't expect mine to run with them b/c most think it is a 4.6 GT. As for those LS1s, they have become like 5.0s you never know what you are gonna get, might be stock, might also be a H/C/I car with a lot of spray! Same goes for the LT1's also. Anyway good kill!

Users who are viewing this thread