Beat a Evo

Kuestone

Banned
So, I was dirving down a residential street to get to a man street el camino, and I see behind me a white evo kinda riding my ass and reving a bit high. I dont pay attention cuz I dont think he wants to race so i get to a red light before a left turn onto el camino. And hes behind me and revs his motor 3 or 4 times, so i rev hard once, and he gets ancy and starts reving and movin forward. So I turn on el camino and slow down and put it in second and cruising at about 3000 rpm i wait for him to come up, he does and I honk 1 2 3, and he guns it and i gun it but got the torque and move up about a car length, then I hear his turbo start spooling real hard, and I think ( OH SHIT) and he blasts right up to my door maybe got a nose ahead but I shifted to third, and got half a car length ahead, and then 4th and iam a car length up and then I let off, I look over to give a thumbs up he doesent wanna look over, then i catch up again to enforce the thumbs up and he nods. I was happy I got a race, its been a while. and it was a good challenge. nice white evo too, real clean.

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
I always see people say "I heard his turbo spool" and to all of you I say.......HOGWASH.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
I always see people say "I heard his turbo spool" and to all of you I say.......HOGWASH.

Well thats what it sounds like, but in reality im pretty sure m ost of the time its the BOV and Wastegate making all the noise...

nice kill the the OP. I raced an evo back when I was close to stock and it was similar outcome....

Kuestone

Banned
I have a mongoose kit on my gt, i make 343rwhp and 354 trq. I heard his exhaust then all of sudden I heard a whoooshhhh and his car blast right up to my door so I figured it was the turbo spooling.... maybe iam wrong.

Kuestone

Banned
Sorry, the kit, is Modular powerhouse's vortech setup. I have a V1 S trim 42 injectors 75mm throttlebody and plenum a 4 inch powerpipe, 3;90 gears, and exhaust. Kits on the market by the way. if anyones interested.

Users who are viewing this thread