Beautiful Fore diff cover! Pics inside..

03killacobra

Banned
P7270477.jpg
P7270478.jpg
P7270479.jpg
P7270476.jpg

The pics speak for themselves, thanks Lethal Performance and Fore Precision!

03killacobra

Banned
so i have an MM Aluminum rear diff mount and the hump on the back of the mount interferes with the Fore cover!! i'm gonna have to get the mount machined down a bit to clear!! SUCK!! i'll post pics when the work is done.. also, i think the mounting ear on the cover could be a bit thicker, say another 1/2" to add to the overall strength, its the same thickness as the stock cover. and for the money, could have included the 4-5 npt plugs needed to seal up all the ports. don't see this things every breaking though, very pleased!!

black 10th vert

Established Member
so i have an MM Aluminum rear diff mount and the hump on the back of the mount interferes with the Fore cover!! i'm gonna have to get the mount machined down a bit to clear!! SUCK!! i'll post pics when the work is done.. also, i think the mounting ear on the cover could be a bit thicker, say another 1/2" to add to the overall strength, its the same thickness as the stock cover. and for the money, could have included the 4-5 npt plugs needed to seal up all the ports. don't see this things every breaking though, very pleased!!

I can't believe it doesn't automatically come with plugs for the ports, since many customers won't be utilizing a diff cooler. I hate when I buy something nice like that, and then have to run around looking for hardware like that! That is a gorgeous piece of machinig, though, like everything they make!:beer:

moonltgold

I can't believe it doesn't automatically come with plugs for the ports, since many customers won't be utilizing a diff cooler. I hate when I buy something nice like that, and then have to run around looking for hardware like that! That is a gorgeous piece of machinig, though, like everything they make!:beer:

+1
For that price, they really should throw the plugs in.

RussZTT

Established Member
Looks great! I just can't see paying that much for that piece when the BF brace does it's job just fine. :shrug:

03killacobra

Banned
Here's the mount all machined, sorry pic quality sucks!
P7310481.jpg

P7310484.jpg

P7310504.jpg

And since the MM mount drops the rear of the diff a bit i had to clearance the inner tie rod perches and also the diff mount perch where the nut is welded. i do not recommend the cover for anyone using an MM mount, Fore is gonna have to revise these things again.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Here's the mount all machined, sorry pic quality sucks!
P7310481.jpg

P7310484.jpg

P7310504.jpg

And since the MM mount drops the rear of the diff a bit i had to clearance the inner tie rod perches and also the diff mount perch where the nut is welded. i do not recommend the cover for anyone using an MM mount, Fore is gonna have to revise these things again.

That's not good news. Was looking forward to using it with my existing MM diff mounts.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
maybe stacy can chime in - i thought that in development this cover was designed for use with all 3 or 4 existing versions of mounts.

Users who are viewing this thread