Beautiful Fore diff cover! Pics inside..

foreprecision

Established Member
The original intent of the Fore Precision IRS diff cover was to have the strongest IRS diff cover available. In order to achieve this goal, Fore Precision was unable to accommodate the Maximum Motorsports rear diff mount. Justin did not want to remove any material that would weaken the IRS diff cover, and structural material removal would have been required in order to allow fitment of the MM rear diff mount piece.
I hope this clears up any confusion--
If you have any questions-
Please feel free to give us a call
919-550-0700
Michelle

cobracide

Established Member
I can't believe it doesn't automatically come with plugs for the ports, since many customers won't be utilizing a diff cooler. I hate when I buy something nice like that, and then have to run around looking for hardware like that!

I was considering the Fore but that is such a turn off. There is no reason to go cheap like that. It should include EVERYTHING.

03killacobra

Banned
i got a phone call last monday or tuesday about this issue, was told he/they would get back to me by friday. Talked about adding a catch can, they have know about this because i got two sets of instructions for some reason one with a longer vent hose being installed to hold the blow-by. i'm expecting a call or a package soon.

Oxford Snake

Established Member
The original intent of the Fore Precision IRS diff cover was to have the strongest IRS diff cover available. In order to achieve this goal, Fore Precision was unable to accommodate the Maximum Motorsports rear diff mount. Justin did not want to remove any material that would weaken the IRS diff cover, and structural material removal would have been required in order to allow fitment of the MM rear diff mount piece.
I hope this clears up any confusion--
If you have any questions-
Please feel free to give us a call
919-550-0700
Michelle

This is very frustrating to hear. Had I known this I would have simply reinstalled my diff with the stock cover and BF brace/MM mount. This and the vent tube issue really causes concern and I'd like to see about returning mine. I will call you tomorrow.

foreprecision

Established Member
This is very frustrating to hear. Had I known this I would have simply reinstalled my diff with the stock cover and BF brace/MM mount. This and the vent tube issue really causes concern and I'd like to see about returning mine. I will call you tomorrow.

Oxford Snake,
I look forward to speaking with you and we'll gladly accept a return. Allow me to start with a summary: If you want to ADD support for the bearing caps, you have to abandon the MM rear diff mount or be willing to modify at your risk.

The MM rear differential mount was designed around the OEM differential cover which has zero support for the bearing caps. Our concept intended to accommodate the MM rear differential mount, but that required a compromise in the bearing cap support area that I could not accept. Considering there are alternatives to the MM mount, it makes sense to exclude the MM rear differential mount from compatibility. I understand your frustration and apologize that our compatibility specifications deviated from the original plan, but the decision against MM rear diff mount compatibility was carefully considered and unavoidable. (and unfortunate)

Vent tube fluid discharge: I simply can't produce any discharge in my car, but others are having an issue...some even have discharge issues with the OEM differential cover. The solution is quite simple and very similar to what Ford is already providing in the GT500KR: an expansion tank for the rear axle housing. This is our top priority and I'm expecting to ship within the next few days. Everybody who purchased our diff cover will receive an expansion tank and hardware for no charge.

Justin Fore

COBRAGUY95

Freshly Squeezed
Established Member
You might want to give Roger Bowers a call Justin , he is getting pretty upset that you didn't call him Friday and his car as been sitting ever since the install. Just a FYI.

foreprecision

Established Member
Thanks...I just dropped him a message. I really need about one more day before I can put everything in stone in regards to the expansion tank.

Oxford Snake

Established Member
If you (Fore) could make a diff mount that allows me to use the Fore cover I'd be a happy camper, and would willingly pay for this part. I don't have the means to research and or modify my currently installed MM diff mount. Calling now, thanks Justin.

viper82489

Established Member
If you (Fore) could make a diff mount that allows me to use the Fore cover I'd be a happy camper, and would willingly pay for this part. I don't have the means to research and or modify my currently installed MM diff mount. Calling now, thanks Justin.

Just find a stock mount and buy bruce's delrin bushing for it.

dougwg

Established Member
foreprecision,

First, great job on the diff cover. It looks very strong.

Now about the mount. Why not just do a little design change and incorporate the rear mount right into the cover like I did.

About the discharge of fluid, have you tried to shroud the vent hole like the factory cover?

Diff-Cov-Out-L.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread