Beautiful Fore diff cover! Pics inside..

DSGCOBRA03

Established Member
Kind of a late bump but $449 from lethal performance? I don't know if I'm looking at the right one but did they raise the price $250 in the past months, all I see is one for $699.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Hey Justin is it possible for you to build the rear cover with the rear mount built in and what about shrouding the vent hole like the stock cover as Doug said. That would make the ultimate cover.

foreprecision

Established Member
foreprecision,

First, great job on the diff cover. It looks very strong.

Now about the mount. Why not just do a little design change and incorporate the rear mount right into the cover like I did.

About the discharge of fluid, have you tried to shroud the vent hole like the factory cover?

Diff-Cov-Out-L.JPG

Doug, thanks. Why aren't you making yours anymore? That way, I wouldn't have to make them!

I wanted to keep the mount separate since it gives people an option of what mount to use. In development, Full Tilt Boogie was working on their rear mount, which is about to be released.

The vent tube does have a labyrinth, and it was successful at keeping the fluid from discharging on my car. People are running different types of fluids, quite a few run aftermarket differentials, and some add friction modifiers and some don't. I believe that the reason some leak and others don't is the likeliness of the fluid emulsifying with the air in the axle housing. We took some measurements of how much the gas inside the housing expands under heat, and it is certainly understandable that fluid would be discharged if it emulsified with air.

I designed the cover for strength. So, our product is much heavier than the OEM piece with far less surface area, which is OPPOSITE of how you would build a heat sink, so I think any effort made into refining the labyrinth would be wasted. Even Ford includes an expansion tank on the newer GT500s. When I was initially designing it, I tried to incorporate heat sink fins, but I wasn't happy about what it would do to the strength.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Fore,

Any updates to the MM mounts? I think it's the new MMFF that features an install of the new Fore Diff Cover, and mentioned that Justin machined it in order to fit the MM diff mount. Is this available as an option?

It also looked like the inner tie rod mounts had to be clearanced, but it was mentioned that the piece was pre-production?

I might have missed it, but how much fluid capacity is added?

Thanks!

foreprecision

Established Member
For that article, I machined the MM piece to fit the cover, but the MM relocation of the axle housing created new interference with the driver side tie rod mount.

We sent Maximum one of our covers for clearance verification. Hopefully we'll know something soon. I'm not sure what is going to happen at Maximum in regards to any change to fit our cover...I'll cover that in our next conversation and update it here.

Fluid capacity with our cover is a wash. (no change from OEM)

Users who are viewing this thread