Because we can't have nice things | What fuel cans are you using now???

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Since the EPA and ambulance chasers have teamed up to destroy the functionality of the lowly gas can, you're essentially wasting money buying anything off the shelf at a big box store. I've turned to VP Racing fuel jugs:

https://amzn.to/2YKdCE5

I'm thinking about buying about buying these to retrofit a pile of EPA cans I have laying around:

https://amzn.to/2AE5sFl

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a couple older cans that I use to destroy the environment, as well as a few new safety styles that I just remove the lid for and pray I Hit the hole.

What a horrible thing the government has done to us with these cand.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The new cans where you have to push the button in and it dispenses and breathes through the discharge suck. I have found if you install a vent, they actually work much better. Or, I just buy the spout and vent conversion kit.

patc84

Established Member
nice.

yeh, i like them. i did have one crack on the neck as well as the bottom.

railroad

Established Member
I have a couple of VP jugs and use them often. The only issue is no side or bottom handle. I have a couple of off brand plastic jugs that have an impression on the bottom or side handles. These really make it much easier to fill when the jugs are 5 gallons full and the tank is not in a good location. I have enough cans, I probably will not be buying soon, but would definitely have the lower handles.

08mojo

Established Member
I've been using 'utility jugs' because they can be had in opaque colors, which makes it easy to see how much fuel...I mean liquid...is in the container. It also makes it easy to tell which is premix vs straight gas at a glance. Cycle gear used to have them on sale frequently for $20.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
The farm store has old school flex hose and vent packs so I hacked mine together. Haven’t spilled a damn drop.

Blown 89

Established Member
I use utility jugs that the local karting shops sell for both racing and filling the lawn mower. They're cheaper and work better. I have a 2.5 gallon that's perfect for the lawnmower. I use 3 and 5 gallon for race fuel. Those EPA monstrosities spill so much gas on the ground they're useless.

wundrbird

Proud Father
Established Member
I haven't bought a gas jug in decades. I'm still using the 5-gallon with flex spout I bought over 20 years ago. I wonder how many more years I'll get out of it.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
EZ Pour spouts on all of our "EPA approved" gas spilling cans.

Sunoco racing jugs for everything else.

hoamskilet

Established Member
I've been tossing around the idea of grabbing a couple of those to leave on my snowmobile trailer. Glad to hear they work well

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
In Federalist Russia, Gas Can Not Cucked

image.jpeg
1592497330179_image.jpeg

Blackoyote

Established Member
I've been using Vp 5 gallon jugs for years now...but there's now a much better product that has a bottom handle.

Look into the LC/LC2 gas jugs, you're welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread