Because we can't have nice things | What fuel cans are you using now???

patc84

Established Member
Since the EPA and ambulance chasers have teamed up to destroy the functionality of the lowly gas can, you're essentially wasting money buying anything off the shelf at a big box store. I've turned to VP Racing fuel jugs:

https://amzn.to/2YKdCE5

I'm thinking about buying about buying these to retrofit a pile of EPA cans I have laying around:

https://amzn.to/2AE5sFl

get these as well as the jugs, makes life simple when using.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I’m constantly looking on Craigslist for gas cans, I search under auto parts, farm and garden, etc.

You’d be surprised how many are out there, I’ve had very good luck finding some, and then buying replacement parts if needed from amazon or eBay.

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm going to give these a try. Retrofit bulkhead vent fittings to add to Existing EPA cans. That should do it.

I also have VP jugs but I'm not that impressed with them. They don't have a handle on the side or bottom and no valve to start or stop so it has its issues too.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Are we sure we should be making threads about these things?

Once these cans catch on, they will get squashed too..

I guess I better order some more.

Rct851

Established Member
Get my VP cans from bucees. Enjoy a chopped brisket sandwich while I’m there, maybe buy some costas... or a lawn mower

jshen

Established Member
Got a Cat??? Kitty litter plastic containers for 40lb litter is every bit as thick and durable as a 5 gallon gas can. I have 50 4 gal. containers for emergencies and leave them empty of course until then....

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
This are only $20 and are the same as Sid showed. They are not called fuel cans but fluid containers. I've never seen the web sit white ones the show. Ive only seen the red ones and yellow.

Link

5 Gallon Polyethylene Fluid Container - White

ef826096e53dfd0d9e2932792ac45dd8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Don't own a can bigger that 2-1/2 gallon since I don't use that much and prefer to keep the gas as fresh as possible. Just bought and cobbed these together, worked fine. Just had to drill a hole in the top for the vent:
Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 6.02.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 6.02.44 AM.png

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
Here is mine. I saw this thread and didn't have any pics in the phone of it. So I took these when I was moving the lawn today.

Love it. I got it at a garage sale over 10 years back. I think it holds about 4 gallons.

I have used the new 'no spill" ones and agree they are awful. Plus they are way overpriced.

I do also have some the older 5 gallon bendy spout ones that my dad gave me when my parents sold their house and moved into a home. I fill them if a storm is coming for the generator.
20200620_180746.jpeg
20200620_181457.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

nxhappy

Established Member
motorcycle shops like cycle gear have the good 5 gallon jugs

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I just use a small battery-powered pump on my old cans, no back strain, spilling, or dirt falling into tank.
20200502_135559.jpeg
20200518_165348.jpeg

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I have 5 Scribner 5 gallon "fluid storage" jugs. Same thing as the VP. Also have their funnel with a 115 micron screen in it. Nice to have extra filtration.

Scribner has a rainbow of colors.

Utility Jugs

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Here is mine. I saw this thread and didn't have any pics in the phone of it. So I took these when I was moving the lawn today.

Love it. I got it at a garage sale over 10 years back. I think it holds about 4 gallons.

I have used the new 'no spill" ones and agree they are awful. Plus they are way overpriced.

I do also have some the older 5 gallon bendy spout ones that my dad gave me when my parents sold their house and moved into a home. I fill them if a storm is coming for the generator.View attachment 1647424View attachment 1647425

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

That bad boy was made in West Virginia.

Users who are viewing this thread