Been busy working on my car (PICS)...

EBBS_03_Cobra

Never satisfied
Established Member
I think I've got all the tools I'd need. I know I'm gonna need someone else there to help me out; I've got a kinda weak left arm, and I'm a little afraid of messing it up. I'll keep an eye out for when you reinstall it.

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
Nice work...how hard is it to get the longtubes in without dropping the k-member? Im doing a clutch over the winter and if its not too bad I might do headers while the tranny is out.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice set of mods you're installing Rob. With those LTs it's going to sound MEAN! Best of luck with it. :rockon:

WydOpen

Established Member
Got some more work done...fuel tank is back in place and routed new -8an fuel line all the way to the motor. All parts finally showed up! Picked up JLT intake, 110mm MAF, and MAFia from JLT's shop (nice having him local). Lethal sent me the last of my fuel components. I did a trial fit of the long tubes...passenger side will not be a problem, but I had issues getting the driver's side up into place (didn't try all that hard). Will attempt again tomorrow. I also started to install the Spec flywheel and clutch, but came across some issues I posted in the Lethal vendor section of the board for answers.

Almost midnight...need some rest!

Same as above two links to new pics...WydOpen Install Pics

Evil Bender

Rabid Roadie
Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Have you pulled the imputshaft bearing yet? If not I got a trick for you. pack it with playdough and use a 7/16 socket backwards on 3/8 extension to force it out ,worked great for me.

WydOpen

Established Member
Evil Bender...thanks for the awesome tip! I'll give it a shot when I get around to doing the input shaft bearing. I just picked up a magnetic base and dial caliper to measure end play for when I swap out the input shaft and TOB retainer sleeve. That'll get done Saturday, I hope.

Kurt...thanks, I can't wait to get this car back together and have the satisfaction of doing it myself. I tried to work on it some more today, but had a lot of errands to do before heading back up to Jersey (where I'm at now). I'll work on the car again this coming weekend as time allows. My plan is to get the transmission back in on Saturday and then see if I have time to mess with the long tubes. I need to look at the KB manual and start tearing the supercharger down to get the fuel rails into place.

A buddy on my ship with a Mach 1 was hoping I could get my car done by this weekend and bring it up to Englishtown and run it down the track with him, but that won't happen.

WydOpen

Established Member
A little update...I try to make time to work on my car when I get home for a few days and it never works out. So, not wanting to look at my car up on jack stands forever I took my transmission to a shop of a guy that has done awesome work for me in the past and had him install the Liberty 26 spline input shaft and Lethal TOB retainer sleeve. I dropped it off in the morning and he had it ready that afternoon.

I put the wheels back on and packed up the parts and another local guy is going to finish the long tube headers and fuel rails since the blower needs to be pulled for the rails and K-member needs to be dropped for the headers. He picks the car up with a trailer either later this evening or tomorrow morning and I'll pick the car up from him next weekend when I get back into town. It'll be nice just to have the car done. It'll get a generic base tune until I break in the clutch and then it'll get strapped to the dyno for a solid tune by Brent over at DTP Racing in Chesapeake, VA.

Added a few more photos...

More pics

If anyone is interested, I have the stock JLT 12" high boost black pipe (pipe only, nothing else), Diablo MAFia, stock exhaust manifolds, UPR off-road mid-pipe, and stock input shaft for sale. PM me for prices. Next Saturday I should have finished pics and videos of the car up and running.

WydOpen

Established Member
I picked my car up yesterday from DTP Racing/Kelley Performance. Sean from Kelley Performance did an outstanding job on the install work. He went above and beyond and fixed the oil leak issue I was having with my blower and cleaned everything up. He also had an issue with a couple of fittings leaking on the driver's side fuel rail and got that straightened out.

I'm loving the Spec Stage 3+ clutch. Nearly effortless and super smooth. It has a little chatter, but that should go away near the end of the break-in cycle. I've already noticed it isn't as prominent as it was when I first picked it up (about 50 miles on the car today alone).

Brent from DTP Racing loaded a base tune for me until I get the clutch broken in. I'll be taking it back in February for a solid dyno tune. My only issue right now is the idle after installing the 110mm MAF from JLT. Brent and Jay (from JLT) both offered a few solutions that I'm going to try.

Overall, I'm very happy with how everything turned out. You can click a previous picture link, but here are some more...

Driver's side rail...

Passenger side rail...

New intake with 110mm MAF...

Fore Y-block...

New Fiore firewall adjuster (much nicer than the UPR unit I had before)...

Just a couple exterior shots...

I still need to crawl under the car for pics of the headers. They tuck up nicely, though, and sound incredible.

When the car goes on the dyno I'll post up the vids and results. I took a video of the exhaust and will try and get that up tonight or tomorrow.

:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread