Been gone - my current money pit

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
Since selling my '04 Cobra a year ago, Jan '09, I haven't been active on the forums much. I sold my Cobra since it wasn't a practical DD here in northern va, plus it had 90k miles on it when I sold it. Put 70k miles on that car, all fun. No issues with it, just wasn't practical for me as a DD. LOVED that car, and am currently holding out for a '10 or newer GT500. I sold a bunch or Ford stock in Jan and shopping for one. Hoping to buy in the next year, moving to NY soon for a job and plan to buy one after settling in.

Well onto what I've been up to over the past year. I sold the Cobra and bought a brand new '08 Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. Stickered for $35k and I walk3d out the door, with a lifetime max care bumper to bumper warranty, for $29k. Fully loaded with every option except auto trans, got the 6 speed manual. Gotta love the down economy at the time and the prices dealers were taking. Figured I'd take advantage of that, and get back into a Jeep, one with useable space at that.

Day I bought it.
DSC00875.jpg

DSC00879.jpg

DSC00880.jpg

The mods began after about 3 months of trying to convince myself I could leave a vehicle alone. After accepting that couldn't be done I added the following over the next 3 or 4 months.

Just the beginning
photo.jpg

Teraflex 3" LCG longarm lift, 18"x9.5" Poison Spyder Customs spyderlock beadlocks, 35x12.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers, Mopar Offroad front bumper, LoD Gen2 rear bumper and tire carrier, Solid D44 armored diff covers, Yukon 5.13 gears, Hella 500 lights, and Seat Glovers neoprene seat covers. It does AWESOME offroad, flexes really good.

0c607207.jpg

5f9c13c2.jpg

d68e7e55.jpg

92012069.jpg

17f2c2ab.jpg

Looking at doing Offroad Evolution 14" King Coilovers next, and a 6.1L Hemi swap with an AEV kit. Rock crawling is a FUN hobby but can't wait to get another Mustang and do both.

Last edited:

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
Horseheads/Elmira area is where I'm hoping to get this job. Ill prob live in Ithica and commute. Its western NY, in the country. Not where I want to live but its a start after getting out of the military in a month, working for a damn good company.

Last edited:

Mentos

Earn this
Established Member
What kinda mpg do you get?

I had an older milder built XJ....and mpg were non-existent. :(

Last edited:

ReCoil

Let it eat!
Established Member
Very cool!! I almost bought one in yellow last fall! Kinda regret not doing it, but I sure don't miss the payment!

STR8JAKT

Tis but a Scratch
Established Member
Horseheads/Elmira area is where I'm hoping to get this job. Ill prob live in Ithica and commute. Its western NY, in the country. Not where I want to live but its a start after getting out of the military in a month, working for a damn good company.

Just down the road from me. Welcome to upstate where the taxes are high and the weather blows.

fak3r

Bow to your sensei!!
Established Member
Jeep = just empty every pocket

Beautiful ride. I am glad you didn't get the "X" ... I've seen too many in this area. Rear-wheel Jeep is a heresy.

I picked up a '98 Sport in November after I got rid of the Cobra.. needed a weekend warrior of some sort. The bike and the Maxima didn't quite do it for me...

I've already spent close to $3k in upgrades and it seems like it just keeps asking for more... off-roading is an expensive sport.

-Paul

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
It seem like more and more of those 4 drs are popping up modded to the max. There ia a club arround here for those and I see them drive by my shop all the time. I like them!

DAVESVT2000

Established Member

Your going to want to get back into a mustang when you realize you'll only be 15 minutes away from the Watkins Glen roadcourse !!!

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
Just down the road from me. Welcome to upstate where the taxes are high and the weather blows.

That's what I hear. I can deal with the snow, but its gonna suck goin from paying no state or local taxes at all, to paying NY taxes. Ill be good though. Cost of living looks to be MUCH cheaper than here in northern VA/D.C. area.

Jeep = just empty every pocket

Beautiful ride. I am glad you didn't get the "X" ... I've seen too many in this area. Rear-wheel Jeep is a heresy.

I picked up a '98 Sport in November after I got rid of the Cobra.. needed a weekend warrior of some sort. The bike and the Maxima didn't quite do it for me...

I've already spent close to $3k in upgrades and it seems like it just keeps asking for more... off-roading is an expensive sport.

-Paul

I don't even want to think about how much I have wrapped up in this thing! I had a TJ Rubicon before my '04 Cobra. Loved that thing. Had to have another Jeep.

It seem like more and more of those 4 drs are popping up modded to the max. There ia a club arround here for those and I see them drive by my shop all the time. I like them!

I LOVE the 4 door. Has alot of cargo space, a useable back seat, doesnt need new driveshafts when you lift it 3"(due to less of an angle on them compared to the 2 door), and they are more stable offroad and ride smoother on the highway.

Your going to want to get back into a mustang when you realize you'll only be 15 minutes away from the Watkins Glen roadcourse !!!

Oh I WILL have another Mustang. I plan on using some of the money the good ole' Ford stock paid me to buy a '10 or '11 GT500 once the Jeep is paid off in 4 months.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread