Before i order

zeeman800

Established Member
Well I'm about to place an order but figured i would post it up for any suggestions, maybe to steer me in the right direction since I'm new.
My mods right now are a bassani cat back, K&N CAI, boost bypass, FTVB.
I'm ordering: Reichard Racing ULTRA GRIP Pulley 2.75, Steeda 4# crank pulley, NGKTR6's, LFP plenum and sbtb. Anything I should NOT order or anything I should get to go along with this setup.I will also be getting a dyno tune. Also should I notice a decent power difference? Thanks

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
to be honest id just go with a 6# lower and leave the upper alone. less belt slip and the same or similar results. as for you noticing a difference? well between a stock lightning and one with a 6#'r on it...yeah there is a difference lol

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
May as well upgrade the MAF to either the DiabloSport MAFia or the SCT BA2400 or BA2600 just for insurance and to save the cost of re-tuning if you find out you need it later.

You'll also need a handheld tuner so you can re-tune for the pulley.

Gap the plugs to .034"-.036".

Change the fuel filter.

I agree that it would be better to go with the 6# lower to prevent belt slip.

IMO get rid of the "boost bypass." All it does is circumvent the boost dump solenoid which serves a purpose during daily driving. When you go to the track you can simply unplug the boost dump solenoid. The "boost bypass" mod does nothing for performance and many say that it is actually detrimental since it results in higher S/C and charge temps.
http://timskelton.com/lightning/race_prep/powertrain/boost_bypass.htm

Last edited:

flip_86

Established Member
i just ordered a stage 3 kit from LFP, which happens to be on sale, after talking with mark from LFP, he informed me i pretty much have to get the sct 2400 maf with the 6# lower.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
i just ordered a stage 3 kit from LFP, which happens to be on sale, after talking with mark from LFP, he informed me i pretty much have to get the sct 2400 maf with the 6# lower.

im running just fine with a 6# and the stock MAF. I only bought a MAFia just incase...and even now its on pass thru mode which means its doing nothing. ALl in the tune man :)

Users who are viewing this thread