Behind true paint shine....its not waxing....

jacob517

GOT SHARPIE?
Established Member
It looks a lot better than it did when I bought it! Not sure how long it took and he did not charge me. I'm just inquiring what to do after the wet sand and buff??? I'm happy with what he did!!

Last edited:

mk70ss

MK70SS
Established Member
Taking the time to clay bar= superior finished product, whether you wax it or use sealant.

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Taking the time to clay bar= superior finished product, whether you wax it or use sealant.

Not completely true. It will make a huge difference with pulling off all the embedded impurities, but its not a superior finish. For that you would need to polish or compound/polish the surface, then clean the surface with some type of prepping agent for that superior finish.

gatty1303

Established Member
what do you recommend for a brand new car? (2013 GHIG GT) It will not be a show car, but not a daily driver either. Thanks

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
what products should i use to get my silver metallic coupe to looking awesome?

The search function at the top right area would be a good choice. :poke:

But really, my choice is generally Chemical Guys Jet Seal, I think that gives silver one of the best looks. Or Wolf Gang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is another good choice.

what do you recommend for a brand new car? (2013 GHIG GT) It will not be a show car, but not a daily driver either. Thanks

Find a great detailer in your area and have them do their variation of a "New Car Prep Package." I had a new car last week and two this week getting this treatment. Always best to start a brand new vehicle off correctly. Most high end detailers will have this type of package where it consist of a very thorough wash and decon, claying, checking the paint for any factory or dealership defects/holograms and then sealing the paint.

Users who are viewing this thread