Being eaten alive by the mod bug...

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
It gets us all, I have a o/r x, magnapack cb, JLT, diablo predator and a spec stg1/steeda tri-ax. As of now im on my 3rd set of wheels lol chrome saleens, chrome FR's now black chrome saleens which are probably on the way out lol. Im looking into getting lowering springs also, and longtubes but im iffy about what brand to go with. Then you hit the wall were its cams, nitrous, or a blower/turbo

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
There are a lot of mods you can make to these cars that increase power very little to nothing at all. Doing some research will save you a lot of money. Many mods like CAIs/RAIs, intake spacers, and throttle bodies provide no gain on stock longblock engines. Other mods, that cost less than those previously mentioned and add more power (more bang for the buck) like small diameter damper, alt, wp and hydraboost pulleys, and off road X pipe.

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
Your not alone! My car goes in the shop on 1 October. Here is the list of things to be installed:

MOTOR
2.9 Whipple Supercharger
Lethal Performance 1000HP Fuel System--3 Fuel Hats/fuel lines, Zone 5, electronics, etc.
Semens Deka 80 LB High Impedance Injectors
Fore Precision Works Fuel Rails
Fore Precision Works IRS Differential Cover
Carbon Fiber Painted Valve Covers
AFCO Pro Series Dual Pass Heat Exchanger
SCT Xcal3 Programmer/Handheld Tuner
PFAB Radiator Expansion Tank
PFAB Supercharger Tank
EGR Delete Kit
Reische 170 Degree Thermostat
Even Flow Generation 2 Head Cooling Mod
JLT Oil Separator
JLT Carbon Fiber CAI
SCT BA-3000 MAF

CLUTCH
Mcleod RXT 26 Spline Clutch
Mcleod Lightened Steel Flywheel
D&D 26-Spline Input Shaft
Lethal Performance T-56 Throwout Bearing Retainer Sleeve
Fiore Micro-Click Firewall Adjuster & Quadrant
LDC Chicago Clutch Freeplay Correction Kit
Ford Racing Roller Pilot Bearing
Ford Racing Heavy Duty Throw Out Bearing

SUSPENSION
Maximum MotorSports Chrome Caster Camber Plates
Hans Full Length Subframe Connectors
Steeda Bump-Steer Kit
Summit Racing Driveshaft Loop

MISC
AeroForce Dual Guages & Wideband
Speed Hut Pillar Pod
Fore Precision Works Aluminum Rear Differential Cover

goes in and comes out a monster

BLKFOX

Established Member
I don't have numbers but it felt as though it helped. Go at least 1/2", for the price it's worth the try.

will do...I'm going to do a few other things first but I'll put this on my list lol

BLKFOX

Established Member
Haha...I'll remember that! I got my h pipe put on today...Ugh, I don't want to stop driving it!

BLKFOX

Established Member
I know the feeling man. Only gets better!

I agree...I know the 4v motors are strong, but how do they do mileage wise? I don't drive mine hard really (just occasionally) but when I have my days they're fun! I don't drive mine 1/10 as hard as my buddies do, but I always worry about it flying apart. Maintenance and everything are always done before the time they're needed...I guess I'm just OCD:shrug:

I don't wanna hurt it...lol I just hit the 8k mark!!!

and what about this 4v head tick?? Mine's an 03 and that just makes me worry more...I know these cars are made to play with but damn, it's scary...How long does it take head tick to normally come around if it is going to happen?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread