Being eaten alive by the mod bug...

BLKFOX

Established Member
I just got my JLT rai put on tonight. The install wasn't terrible but did have to wrestle it some to get it where I wanted it (still not perfect, but oh well)...I went ahead and ordered an o/r h tonight and next week I'm doing springs and c/c's once I get paid for coaching, I might do a tuner around that time too if the money works out! But I just thought I'd let you all know that the mod bug is biting my ass like none other, but it's worth it :banana:

BLKFOX

Established Member
haha I've been saving up for a while now...I used to spend every penny I had on my GT and I forgot what that felt like until now, and I'm loving it lol

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
I want to mod but got no money :(

It's okay, I'm in the same boat. I need my front bumper painted, new chin spoiler, smoked headlights, a couple mgw interior pieces, mgw sts, and some tires for the black Saleens that have been sitting in my room for almost a year now. Not to mention I really want to replace my cats with straight pipe. Plus I want to get my hood painted black where it starts to raise up. It sucks having so many wants with so little cash. haha

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
It should be called a damn flesh eating virus, not a bug. All I have to say is be careful on what you mod.

BLKFOX

Established Member
I installed my JLT 2 nights ago and yeah it was a pain in the ass, but worth it !
it was a huge pain...but is a very nice setup!
It's only just begun. I'm slowly getting things when I get extra cash.
same here lol
It should be called a damn flesh eating virus, not a bug. All I have to say is be careful on what you mod.
hahaha...no shit, I'm just doing the basics now, I'm ordering springs and probably a tuner next week and then I'll be done for a little bit

Marc

Established Member
Your not alone! My car goes in the shop on 1 October. Here is the list of things to be installed:

MOTOR
2.9 Whipple Supercharger
Lethal Performance 1000HP Fuel System--3 Fuel Hats/fuel lines, Zone 5, electronics, etc.
Semens Deka 80 LB High Impedance Injectors
Fore Precision Works Fuel Rails
Fore Precision Works IRS Differential Cover
Carbon Fiber Painted Valve Covers
AFCO Pro Series Dual Pass Heat Exchanger
SCT Xcal3 Programmer/Handheld Tuner
PFAB Radiator Expansion Tank
PFAB Supercharger Tank
EGR Delete Kit
Reische 170 Degree Thermostat
Even Flow Generation 2 Head Cooling Mod
JLT Oil Separator
JLT Carbon Fiber CAI
SCT BA-3000 MAF

CLUTCH
Mcleod RXT 26 Spline Clutch
Mcleod Lightened Steel Flywheel
D&D 26-Spline Input Shaft
Lethal Performance T-56 Throwout Bearing Retainer Sleeve
Fiore Micro-Click Firewall Adjuster & Quadrant
LDC Chicago Clutch Freeplay Correction Kit
Ford Racing Roller Pilot Bearing
Ford Racing Heavy Duty Throw Out Bearing

SUSPENSION
Maximum MotorSports Chrome Caster Camber Plates
Hans Full Length Subframe Connectors
Steeda Bump-Steer Kit
Summit Racing Driveshaft Loop

MISC
AeroForce Dual Guages & Wideband
Speed Hut Pillar Pod
Fore Precision Works Aluminum Rear Differential Cover

WaterBoii

Established Member
haha I got the bug the second I saw the car, even before I bought it lol. I'm buying the rest of my exhaust (mac longtubes, and o/r prochamber), a shaker air diverter, 3/8 intake spacer, dyno tuning it, and repsraying my front and rear bumper all this week. Then by October I plan on buying 2-17" black saleen rims, and 2-18" black saleen rims with 2-275/35 nittos. To think if I actually saved this money... I would probably be able to buy a c6 z06 by chirstmas lol.

Last edited:

BLKFOX

Established Member
being eaten alive by the mod bug...heheh you aren't even ankle deep...wait until you dive in like an asshole.

Haha...Oh I've done this all before, I'm on my 3rd mustang...I'm just starting from scratch now! I'm not bitching, I love it :rockon:

4v_mach1

Established Member
i need a JLT oil separator next ugh i already know im going to end up spending over $6000 in mods sooner or later

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
haha I got the bug the second I saw the car, even before I bought it lol. I'm buying the rest of my exhaust (mac longtubes, and o/r prochamber), a shaker air diverter, 3/8 intake spacer, dyno tuning it, and repsraying my front and rear bumper all this week. Then by October I plan on buying 2-17" black saleen rims, and 2-18" black saleen rims with 2-275/35 nittos. To think if I actually saved this money... I would probably be able to buy a c6 z06 by chirstmas lol.

Haha I was the opposite, I came from a 2000 V6, and was perfectly happy as she sat! I felt like there was no need for it to be any faster or look any different as it looks perfect and comes with good looking wheels stock!

Now it's bolted/geared with some black Saleens awaiting tires.

It's at the point now where if I can't do anything to it soon, I'll be fine because all the main things have been taken care of, springs/exhaust/gears. Looks good/sounds good/and fun to drive! Before I was going crazy trying to get all those mods.

lsuhandsdown03

Established Member
it makes me sick to think of the money i spent on my lightning.. then it was a slap in the face when i sold it. ill try and not to go that crazy again. but i cant say it wasnt fun. I will tell you this i would do as much as i could with the mods.. the only thing i didnt do was the tune really.

Users who are viewing this thread