Below MSRP

65sohc

Established Member
I saw this today. If I was looking for Avalanche Grey I would jump on it. Advantage Ford in Kansas. Almost $3K discount. Here is their sales pitch:

Priced below MSRP!!! This fabulous Coupe is available at just the right price, for just the right person - YOU** All smiles!!! Isn't it time you got rid of that old junker and got behind the wheel of this rip-roaring Shelby GT350... New Arrival!! Optional equipment includes: Technology Package, Painted Black Roof...

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
It may be in Kansas but I'm having a tough time with legitimacy. I'd call just to prove myself wrong but I don't need to do that anymore.

I'd love to see somebody here take one home at that price.

LS Boss

Established Member
It may be in Kansas but I'm having a tough time with legitimacy. I'd call just to prove myself wrong but I don't need to do that anymore.

I'd love to see somebody here take one home at that price.

I'm not as skeptical about 350 availabilty at MSRP as you are TOB. Me thinx that there are not a whole lot of people around with a spare 60K in their pocket for a new toy. The economy is heading south and dealers nationwide do not want their inventories sitting on their lots while they are paying interest on all unsold vehicles. Dealers want to move their product including whatever GT350s they may have. The 350R is another issue. Ford has not and probably will not ramp up production to more than 750 to maybe 1000 units (350R) for 2016 and also in 2017. If you want a base 350 for MSRP, they can be found. Here...check out this website:

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I hear you. In the above example though, we are talking about 3k below MSRP. I've seen quite a few complaints about baiting, enough for me to raise a red flag when I see something like this. Especially given the ridiculous prices being demanded on the west coast. Prices will come down but at current anything less than MSRP has many squinting, looking for a catch.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe me buying one isn't out of the question, local dealers wanted $25k over. I like the car, but not that much.

LS Boss

Established Member
I hear you. In the above example though, we are talking about 3k below MSRP. I've seen quite a few complaints about baiting, enough for me to raise a red flag when I see something like this. Especially given the ridiculous prices being demanded on the west coast. Prices will come down but at current anything less than MSRP has many squinting, looking for a catch.

Caveat emptor!

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
How about I ordered one ar msrp.... And the dealer has pushed my build back so they can try to sell my earlier car over msrp.... I have been on the fence anyway, now Im done. If I get one I'm on my own...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How about I ordered one ar msrp.... And the dealer has pushed my build back so they can try to sell my earlier car over msrp.... I have been on the fence anyway, now Im done. If I get one I'm on my own...

Huh?

mike.s

Established Member
I think he is saying he ordered one at msrp. his car came in and the dealer decided not to give it to him but sell it at an adm and then reorder his car using another allocation. could be wrong but that is how i understood it. as far as the op, i am certain this is bs. called on a number just like that to find huge adm's. would call on this one but i have given up and going in another direction. maybe one day i will have an svt product

Last edited:

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
"Earlier car?" So you ordered two?

A dealer can't "push back" a build, only the factory can.

I think he is saying he ordered one at msrp. his car came in and the dealer decided not to give it to him but sell it at an adm and then reorder his car using another allocation. could be wrong but that is how i understood it.
This is correct
I have purchased several cars from this dealer, so when 6 months ago they said they don't need a deposit to order my GT350 since I'm a great customer I thought cool..... Little did I know that it was leaving them the option on which allocation to use for my order. I'm over it... IF I get one it'll be after this hype dyes down.

Users who are viewing this thread