belt size help

black venom

Lthl SVT Poster
Established Member
I have a whipple 2.3 with a 3.0 pulley 3 100mm and 1 92mm billet flow idlers and need the correct belt size 4080750 did not work either. also the alternator pulley is stock. your help is appreciated.

black venom

Lthl SVT Poster
Established Member
yeah tried that sight and info not correct in all instances. tried 4080750 might try a belt an inch longer. Thanks

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
tried the stocker?

its 75.1" and possibly alittle stretched ... give it a try

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry I couldn't help you more on the phone this afternoon Jay. Hopefully someone with the same setup can post which belt size they're using.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
I have a whipple 2.3 with a 3.0 pulley 3 100mm and 1 92mm billet flow idlers and need the correct belt size 4080750 did not work either. also the alternator pulley is stock. your help is appreciated.

this is the exact setup i will be running when my pullies get here tomorrow

so i need an answer myself, i was hoping the stocker would possibly work

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Cody, you could try the stock belt I guess. And then go from there. It might at least give you a hint as to what size might best work. Just a thought. Unless someone with that setup pipes in soon.

greengt88

Established Member
have you tried a 76.5" belt?? I will have the same setup as you in a few weeks and have been trying to figure it out as well. i still need to get a set of idlers. but do have a 100mm steeda idler and will be running the same upper on my whipple.

Satyr

Established Member
For the amount of people running whipples, you'd think we would have a larger knowledge base on this subject.

I, too, will be running a 3", stock lower, 4 BF idler set and am looking for the proper belt. I have heard the 76.5 will work...but I have 4-5 belts sitting around at home that I am going to try first.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Problem is back in the day it was easy/common to get setup info for the Eaton. But for whatever reason not many who have a twin-screw have posted their belt info or sent it to me. I would love to expand my Belt Guide for twin-screws but can't without info. Which is why I came back into this thread, hoping that the right size belt was found so that I could it the configuration to my Guide.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
my pullies will be here today ... i wish to hear an answer today as well!

nothing worse than a tune date days away and getting frustrated over finding a belt!

Satyr

Established Member
Problem is back in the day it was easy/common to get setup info for the Eaton. But for whatever reason not many who have a twin-screw have posted their belt info or sent it to me. I would love to expand my Belt Guide for twin-screws but can't without info. Which is why I came back into this thread, hoping that the right size belt was found so that I could it the configuration to my Guide.

Bob...I've got a stock lower and will be installing the 4 BF idlers when I install my whipple...I have a 3.25, 3.5, 2.75 and 2.85" pulleys..I will try to get you belt lengths for all of them, at least the 3.25/2.75 for sure.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
any update on the correct belt length for the 3" with 4 bf idlers application?

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
has anyone found the correct length for this yet?

my tune date is days away and no belts are in stock to try, i do not want to order 4 different belts!

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member

Gates belt K080765 works great (with tab broken off) ... def needed two ppl getting it on and it is very tight, i also tried K080774 and it was not tight enough for my liking

exact pulley setup is:
3.0" whipple pulley
3 100mm and 1 92mm billetflow pulleys with "new" bracket
stock lower
stock alternator
stock tensioner

and this is the gap with the 100mm as the upper idler and 92mm as the far left one near the tensioner

0310101852.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread