Best 03-04 Mach 1 LT Headers

Best 03-04 Mach 1 LT Headers

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

69mach03

Established Member
Price aside: please vote for the best manufacturer of long tube headers for 2003-2004 Mach 1 applications --
based on quality, fitment, and power gains.

Last edited:

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Never ever heard a bad thing about Kooks, when its time for me to order some LT's theres no doubt im going with Kooks.

yefferys50

Established Member
You should have included Mac LT's on that list. I have them and they fit great and gave a pretty good seat of the pants horsepower gain.

radaman

Established Member
Im rolling with American racing LT's, but if all else fails, Kooks.

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
Kooks and ARH, equally good, better than the rest.

Stainless Works deserves a mention as well, excellent headers, better than anything else on the poll besides Kooks.

Kooks, ARH, and SW are just on another level of quality.

Last edited:

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
No Mac. i have heard nothing but good things about mac and my friend has them on his cobra. they cost half the price of the kooks, fit great, and don't sit as low as the kooks. i believe the kooks sit about an inch lower than the mac's.

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
i believe the kooks sit about an inch lower than the mac's.

I don't believe that's even possible.

th_DSC00076.gif
th_DSC00073.jpg
th_DSC00080.jpg

3" collector Kooks on my car that's lowered about 1.5".

scotmach

Established Member
I made pretty good power with my Kooks. Ground clearance is really good but thay do leak on the slip connect.

203SBvert

Established Member
Kooks are the best quality but also the most expensive
I personally went with SLP, a little cheaper than Kooks but also very high quality

I hear MAC is the best bang-for-your-buck option though, costing only $4-500

we3hokies

Established Member
anyone on here using the slp's by chance?

Ive had slp for about a year and wouldnt run anything else. Started out w. the LM1, got the x pipe and finished up w/ the LT's. Could not be happier w/ the setup. Quality is great

Clean93GT

Established Member
Ran BBK on my Mach and put 321 to the wheels with them on. Never had any issues prior to selling the car.

TRXboy

Established Member
Why is American Racing headers Not on this list? I can tell you, they are, with out a doubt, the best fitment, matieral, and performance you can get.

They just redesigned there header for even more clearence on the drivers side.

alaskablkmach

Established Member
Mac Hands Down!!:rockon: I dynoed 281wrhp/301wtrq stock added K&N Fip, 4:10's, Mac catted H-pipe and Mac catback and dynoed 301whp/311wtrq. Then added Mac long tubes and the matching shorty catted h and dynoed 321whp/337wtrq. So I gained 20whp/26lbs trq to the wheels. I really dont think going from a regular Mac catted H to a shorty Mac catted h helped at all so I would say all that gain was from the headers!! Plus they fit excellant from what my tuner said and have the best ground clearance of any long tube he has put on.

o3BLUEMACH1

Established Member
I am a fan of the SLP's since you can buy the x-pipe first and run it with your stock headers, and then use the same x-pipe with the LT's..

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
All headers will make pretty much the same HP as long as the primary tubes are the same diameter. Primarys can be 1 5/8", 1 3/4" or a combination of both (stepped) and that are a few other combinations of stepped headers also.

I used Hookers and had no problems and they allow you to remove the trans to replace the clutch. I've heard that MACs allow this also. I'm unsure about ARH, Kooks or StainlessWorks.

SLPs and BBKs require you to remove a header to do a clutch change.

I know of one NMRA team that had some fitment issues with a set of Kooks so they switched to StainlessWorks and had no problems.

As for ARH, they are relatively new and there are probably only a few people that have installed them. A couple on the Mach Registry have but I know of no one here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread