Best 315/30/18 tires for daily driving??

Dogma36

Established Member
Just wondering which are the best 315 30 18 tires for daily driving? Im kinda new to tires so this is still confusing for me. :shrug:

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Give us some more details about your car setup. Power level, suspension, overall set up.

Lots of good tires out there. I would run the toyo 888's but I am in the 600 rep range. Pilot sports are a great all around tire too. Are you worried about getting a lot of miles out of these tires, or just plain traction?

bullitt1672

Established Member
Not to hijack your thread, but was going to ask the exact same thing so my questions may answer some of yours as well. Looking for a 305/35-18 or 315-30-18 tire. I basically want the best hook-up ability/tire life/street manners. I don't want something that's going to wear out in 4-5k miles. I like the BFG DR's but don't like they are only offered in a 315/30-18, don't like that small of a sidewall though in pics I've seen they don't look too bad. Also thinking about some different nitto's and toyo's, and the 305 mickey thompson et street 2. I'm making around 500rwhp.

SVTDice

Established Member
I have BFG 295 KDW's I know they are not 315's but they run very wide for 295's and I can dead hook 2nd with 500 RWHP on a warmer day. They wear pretty good as well and if you drive in rain. Well, Fantastic rain traction.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
KDW II's

018jt.jpg

gabe1530

Banned
depends on your power level. im currently running toyo r888's but i would also go with the kdw 2's if i wanted more tread life.

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member
depends on your power level. im currently running toyo r888's but i would also go with the kdw 2's if i wanted more tread life.
+1 kdw's are great all around tires with good life and hook decent on warm days with 500 or less. Can't speak about the toyo r888's but they seem to have a great reputation

Anabolic

Banned
the 315s are wounderful for DD.. but the front tires and pressure will be a different question, my 245s set at 32psi when i turn hard it almost feels as if the front end is lifting off the ground because the tires in the rear have more contact space

and with the suspension geometry and setup with IRS you're probably best running OE sizes like 275 f/R for the overal best performance

SVTDice

Established Member
I run 285's in the front with my Cobra. I think you need more contact to the ground and more stability...

nycarpenter

Established Member
I just put the kdw's on my 600 + street car. Traction down low no but I do expect to get decent tread life not like my Nitto nt05's that lasted one summer of very easy driving :(

bullitt1672

Established Member
anyone know if the Kumho ecsta xs in 315/30-18 are any good?? I'm really leaning towards the bfg drag radials but hate that they will be shot in 5k miles, especially at $315 a tire!

Silver TT

Established Member
anyone know if the Kumho ecsta xs in 315/30-18 are any good?? I'm really leaning towards the bfg drag radials but hate that they will be shot in 5k miles, especially at $315 a tire!

I have heard very good things about the Kumho Ecsta XS and I plan to get them myself unless someone tells me the Toyo R888 get the same or better traction with similar street tire life. The Kumhos are a bit more expensive at $349 vs about $295 for the Toyo R888, but from what I have heard they last a bit longer and may be better in the rain. Note the below review has the Kumhos against a bunch of other street tires, not DRs, so I think the Kumhos still do pretty well in the rain compared to other DRs like Nitto or BFG.

Here is a review from Car and Driver:
Tire Test: Nine Affordable Summer Tires Take On the Michelin PS2 Comparison Tests - Page 9 - Car and Driver

Users who are viewing this thread