Best affordable sedan that fits rear facing carseat

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
Another vote for a '14+ TDI Passat. We have one and wouldn't trade it for any other commuter car mentioned here. You simply won't get another car w/ the fuel mileage and interior space a Passat will get for you. And they're friggin' cheap! I would say the only downside to owning one is the maintenance can be a little pricey if you go to a dealership for the scheduled maintenance.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Another vote for a '14+ TDI Passat. We have one and wouldn't trade it for any other commuter car mentioned here. You simply won't get another car w/ the fuel mileage and interior space a Passat will get for you. And they're friggin' cheap! I would say the only downside to owning one is the maintenance can be a little pricey if you go to a dealership for the scheduled maintenance.

I think I’m going to get a Passat for a daily. Priced pretty decent and have a lot of features.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Fusion or Taurus, both can be had normally cheaper than a Camry or accord cause people think there gold.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I would consider a 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra.

I have a 2013 Limited with 180k, which I've had since new. Other than a front wheel bearing failure at 100k, I haven't had a single problem with the car.

Just replaced the original serpentine belt last month. I'm still on the original f/r brakes, shocks/struts.

It's been reliable, inexpensive to own, and still gets mid 30's mpg at 75-80 mph.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I am quite surprised of the # of gearheads that drive foreign cars for a DD.
Not saying there is anything wrong with it, it's just surprising.

GodStang

Established Member
Used Passat/Jetta TDi. One of the best cars I ever owned and 40+mpg. Nothing was better than when my wife would go put Diesel in it people would come running over to stop her.

Users who are viewing this thread