Best car for under 20k?

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I'd only be looking at 03/04 Cobras and C5Z's at that price point.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
i know my next car will either be an 03/04 cobra or a c6

but it depends, OP what do you want out of the car? are you never going to have more than one passenger with you? do you want luxury and speed? are you planning on DD'ing it? do you JUST want to go fast? do you plan on modding it? I could go all day, lol...

but if i had to pick of those, i'd say 03/04 cobra, you see tons of c5 vettes driving around and even c6s now....but I hardly ever see a terminator

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
I'd only be looking at 03/04 Cobras and C5Z's at that price point.

where are you finding c5z's for under 20k?

to the op, it's your personal choice, however, this is a ford site, so your gonna get the biased opinion

03/04 cobra- best car mod for mod/$ for $. hands down easiest to mod, and responds the best to mods. but interior, ride, and all that suffers outta the 3

ls2 goat- proby the best interior of the group, good ride, would more than likely make the best/ most practical DD

c5/c5z- best all around car. fast, best handler of the group. if your into auto x this is your best choice.

Bankai

Established Member
Auto supra/0304 cobras/c5z...

where are you finding c5z's for under 20k?

to the op, it's your personal choice, however, this is a ford site, so your gonna get the biased opinion

03/04 cobra- best car mod for mod/$ for $. hands down easiest to mod, and responds the best to mods. but interior, ride, and all that suffers outta the 3

ls2 goat- proby the best interior of the group, good ride, would more than likely make the best/ most practical DD

c5/c5z- best all around car. fast, best handler of the group. if your into auto x this is your best choice.
Theres one at my local dealer for 18k...40k miles.

Cobra Was Here

I Miss My Cobra
Established Member
It would be a lightly modded DD, I think i'm leaning towards the GTO based on looks. Does anyone know what that blue/grey looking color the come in is called?

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I've had a C5 Z06 and an LS2 GTO. The goat, while not the best looking or the fastest, was by far my most favorite. I cut off the mufflers and welded in straight pipes for what I think is one of the best sounding exhaust setups (there's a small box muffler after the cats that leaves the tone deep, but loud). Responds well to mods. Very nice and comfy interior. You can get one with far fewer miles than a similarly priced vette or terminator. If you're o.k. with the looks, then I'd definitely go with the LS2 goat.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
It would be a lightly modded DD, I think i'm leaning towards the GTO based on looks. Does anyone know what that blue/grey looking color the come in is called?

Cyclone Grey. This is a pretty cool color in the sun. That or the Impulse Blue metallic, which is very similar to Sonic Blue on Ford's.

Users who are viewing this thread