Best catch can

kbgixxer

Established Member
Just wondering which catch can would be best for a 2016 mustang GT. I really don't like the ones that just hang in the air, looking more for something that mounts to the strut tower. If the ones that hang are fine and work well please let me know own what you think.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

randotheking

Established Member
Still waiting (years now) for some proof that catch cans are needed

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Another popular choice for these motors is the Bob's Autosport catch cans. I know on the s197 a lot of guys run the jlt. A lot of people have reported it catches some oil but a good amount still gets in the intake. The bobs set up is better as little to no oil gets in the intake. You get what you pay for, you will see very few if any complaints about the Bob's set up.

If you want proof don't put one on and after a year or two of driving pull your intake off and look at your valves. Your Intake will be coated in oil and your Intake valves will more than likely have build up on them. For whatever reason these newer engines are notorious for sucking oil in the intake. On the gt350 platform the owner manual recommends the use of a catch can.

kbgixxer

Established Member
Thanks, I was going to go with upr but didn't know if anyone has used them

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

04-OW-COBRA

Established Member
I'm in the process of trying to install the UPR kit on my auto procharged 15 and it's been a nightmare. They say it's plug and play but it's not. The mounting point where they say to attach the can is not the best point but is going to have to work with a little modification to the bracket to get it to sit flush. I was missing one of the fittings on the can and they sent me the wrong piece so i finally just ordered the correct piece off their site. I would say go with Bobs and let them know what if any modifications you have and they will take care of you.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
If you don't like the style that sort of just hang there then JLT is not for you. Bob's makes an excellent remote mount sep.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
If you want proof don't put one on and after a year or two of driving pull your intake off and look at your valves. Your Intake will be coated in oil and your Intake valves will more than likely have build up on them.

That's only true of DI engines. More traditional sequential multi port injection that sprays in the intake runner keeps the valves clean.

My BMW 335xi is DI and every 30 to 50k miles I have to pull the intake and walnut blast the intake runners in the head and back of the intake valves since they have no fuel spraying past them cleaning them. They cake up so bad its mind blowing.

Oil in the intake charge does lower octane. Do these cars suck enough to cause issues? I would say no. The only cars I've personally seen reduce octane and actually cause knock or issues have had excessive oil consumption due to piston rings or damaged valve guides leaking.

Stang Lover

Established Member
It's worth it IMO. When I switched to a CJ intake my stock intake was covered on the inside with oil. I had the JLT prior but I feel it wasn't getting all the oil. My current UPR one has caught more oil in 2 weeks than the JLT has captured in a month.

Users who are viewing this thread