best chili recipes.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A couple of additional great recipes above! My sweetheart wife already picked up some of the ingredients. Can't wait to start cooking!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
LOL Aaron! I love many types of spicy foods. Chili happens to be up there at the top of my list. So it's game on this weekend for some scrumptious chili. I'll definitely post up my post-dining comments. :)

LUBaseball2

Established Member
Here's another absolute favorite of mine:

NFL Sunday crock pot baby back pork ribs.

1 crock pot slow cooker.

1.5 to 2 racks of baby back ribs cut into 3 rib sections.

In a separate bowl mix 1 cup of your favorite barbeque sauce, 1 cup of ketchup, 1/2 cup of honey, 1/2 cup of warm water, 2 tablespoons of mesquite flavoring. (you can add more BBQ sauce if desired)

Stir contents of bowl, place ribs in crock pot, poor barbeque mixture over ribs, place lid on crock pot, set to cook for 6 hours.

Start this around around 10am and by 4pm your ribs will be done.

Serve ribs with cole slaw and corn muffins.

Yummy! Best ribs you'll ever have!

I make ribs in the crockpot every once in a while and I love how much easier they are to eat. I normally just use a fork.

texaswrx

Established Member
Credit to Nate Green -
$17 Buys You Lunch for Days (Video) › Become Your Own Hero

I make it multiple times during the year. It also freezes well. I separate it,label and freeze it for lunch at work. The cinnamon makes it smell so damn good, and only adds a very small bit of sweetness to the spice.

Ingredients (less than $17 total)

1 medium onion
2 carrots
2-3 celery stalks
1 red bell pepper
1 15oz can garbanzo beans
1 15oz can kidney beans
1 15oz can of diced tomatoes
1 pound of ground beef
1 heaped teaspoon of chili powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, and salt
Olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
1 bottle of Black Butte Porter or other comparable microbrew (optional)

To Make the Chili

Peel and finely chop the onions, carrots, and celery. Halve the bell pepper and remove the stalks and seeds. Rough chop.

Put a pot on medium high heat, throw in your vegetables, and add a couple tablespoons of olive oil and your spices. Cook for 7-10 minutes until the veggies are soft.

Add the drained garbanzo and kidney beans. Add the tomatoes. Fill one of the empty tomato cans with water and pour into the pan.

Add the ground beef. Pour in a tablespoon (or three!) of balsamic vinegar.

Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to "low" and let it simmer for about an hour with the lid slightly askew. Stir it every ten minutes or so.

Users who are viewing this thread