Best color for a respray?

Nickolassin

Established Member
I am looking to do something different with my 01 since I have decided to build it up this summer. The paint is really lacking... It's factory metallic silver clearcoat, but it's showing its age. Not to mention my 03 is the same color. What do you guys suggest would be a really nice color on my car? I really like what others were able to do with older ford colors like bright atlantic blue on the newer Cobras...

cliesch22

Established Member
What about the Red from a 93 Cobra. Can't think of exact name. I like how it is kinda orange and red.

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
93 cobra teal
Grabber Blue
Grabber Green
Calypso Green

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
Would be too hard to change color, and well allot of money too. If i was you i would just get a bit of a different silver, i nicer one. Think about you door,truck, engine compartment jams. Just my opinion.

99Cobra_vert

Established Member
Would be too hard to change color, and well allot of money too. If i was you i would just get a bit of a different silver, i nicer one. Think about you door,truck, engine compartment jams. Just my opinion.

Yep. You can't really change the color without making it look awful if you open any doors.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
I think Cobra Teal would be pretty cool and defdiff...some else is selling Teal Terminator in here...looks great.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-quite-possibly-longest-fs-post-ever-lol.html

I've always liked Red though. I've got Performance Red...which sold me the moment I saw it..real attention grabber. I like Reo and Torch Red as well...BUT if was going to a re-paint I would definitely look into Mazda's "True Red" color. I saw a 2007 MX-5 in a lot recently and it was about the best looking red I've ever seen. Less orange than Perf Red...but not as dark as Reo and Torch...a nice very rich, bright red. Just a thought.

pacific4v

Established Member
^^^ I like that Mazda red also but I also like the idea of using an older factory color that u don't see on new edges. I've always wondered how pacific green would look on a new edge, it's a beautiful color in the sun

Nickolassin

Established Member
...Yeah I am still not sure on my budget as of yet... but everything is coming out of the car...so if I spring for it, a color change won't be too far off at that point. What does everyone say to taking my stock color, or a similar silver and adding... pearl or heavy metallic to it? Any ideas with that...? any cool pictures ....I need brainfood!

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
What about a two tone? I know some are haters, but when you get a great combo it can look pretty badass....

K2AHollywood

Established Member
Yep. You can't really change the color without making it look awful if you open any doors.

Ummm like unless you respray the door jamps and engine bay like a proper color respray is done?????

I would also cay Comp Orange, its looks so cool. I have a Rio red and it blows nuts. Dont paint yours either the rio or laser red

Nickolassin

Established Member
any sweet 60's/70's colors I can pay heritage to... other than grabber blue, and the common ones... at this point any car brand...idc.. I want something different!!!!:beer:

99Cobra_vert

Established Member
Ummm like unless you respray the door jamps and engine bay like a proper color respray is done?????

Ummm, and remove the carpet, and remove all wiring harnesses from the trunk and engine bays, and placards from the door jambs, and every last piece of hardware from the engine bay (brake booster/hydro assembly, A/C lines, etc.). Sure sounds easy to me.......:rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread