best exhaust for an 078 gt500

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
A buddy of mine just picked up an 07 TR GT500 with 12k and he wants to add exhaust, can you reccomend something that sounds awesome?

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
You ask 20 people you will get 20 different answers. There are several good combinations out there and it really will depend on your personal taste. Best I can suggest is to search around youtube. You won't get the true sound from the vids but you should get a good sense or idea. I am really happy with my PHRP H and KR mufflers.

Click on the image for the video...

th_9cab5e39.jpg

th_fbae88ec.jpg

Last edited:

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
So far i like the way the bassani sounds. Your car does sound mean also.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
2 good choices are the MMS Axlebacks from Mackenzie Mustang over on Team Shelby or the Ford Racing "KR" Axlebacks... Good luck, lots of options...

scandalous

Established Member
Roush extremes with n h pipe. And I just so happen to be selling mine due to them being too loud with longtubes. If interested send me a pm there 350 obo.

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
If he is keeping stock cats on, use a muffler delete. I used the Magnaflow deletes. Perfect sound with stock cats. If he is ditching the stock cats then he will need mufflers cuz it will be way too loud.

StangSupremacy

Established Member
I have american racing headers with an offroad x pipe and bassani race axle backs. i can tell you , with an offroad xpipe the bassanis are way to loud and raspy. I am sure if i was running cats they would sound great though. I will be looking to tone it down with another set of mufflers here soon.

TennesseeStang

Established Member
Roush extremes with n h pipe. And I just so happen to be selling mine due to them being too loud with longtubes. If interested send me a pm there 350 obo.
If your gonna keep the cats on and not do headers in the future you should get those extremes. I have the roush extremes and could not be more satisfied.

Users who are viewing this thread