Best Morning EVER!

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
On my commute to an appt. in the Jeep along some empty back roads I spot a new gray convertible 370z stopped at a light. The Jeep is a monster from a stop so I'm thinking maybe we can have some fun :) Unfortunatly the light went green as soon as I pulled up, the 370 did goose it off the light so I did a little as well up to the speed limit.

Another light comes up and this time goes yellow just as we are both approaching it. All of the sudden I hear

"Are you kidding me, are you serious?!?!?"

Sitting in the convertible, auto 370 is a man probably in his 80's with a baseball hat, sunglasses and maybe a slight New York accent .

Guy a little aggitated - "You think that would have a chance against this."

Me calmly - "I know this has a chance against that"

Guy a little more agitated - "You know this car can beat that right?"

Me calmly - "No, this car will beat that car"

Guy agitated - "What? Are you serious, $50 bucks, $50 bucks, you got $50 bucks!"

Me calmly - "I got $50 bucks, go on green."

Guy agitated - "You're about to lose"

At this point in the story I have a full erection because it's moments like these that I just dream about. I merely reply with "We will see." I got a little choked up because of how happy I was just getting everything I could ever want out of this conversation. This jerk who is completely ignorant is about to eat a large slice of humble pie.

The light goes green and he gets a slight hit. The Jeep SRT bellows to life digs in and takes off, his heavy auto helped him get a good start but the Jeep immediately puts a half car on him. It holds there briefly and then the Jeep starts inching away until he finally gives up after he's about a car back and doing nothing. From start to finish I have one hand out the window waving :)

I just basked in the glory for a little bit and let him hang back there and wallow in his. I decline his $50 because I only race for fun but hearing his voice change and saying with shock "that's got a lot of power" was plenty for me. He can take his $50 and buy some mods for his 332 hp convertible, auto 370z lol, I really hope I run into that guy when I'm in the Mercedes, I think he'd sell that car then :)

Just a great morning :)

Sick03Vert

Banned
Awesome :rockon:

Gotta love non-carguys that wanna talk trash. I wish I could have something like that happen, but short of a kill on a 2012 Camaro SS I haven't had anyone that wants to try the Cobra in the past three months. :(

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Awesome :rockon:

Gotta love non-carguys that wanna talk trash. I wish I could have something like that happen, but short of a kill on a 2012 Camaro SS I haven't had anyone that wants to try the Cobra in the past three months. :(
Same boat here, last race I had in my Cobra was against an LS1, happened 5-6 months ago I believe :shrug:

Good kill O.P! Even if the car's arent fast, they're very enjoyable in these type's of races. I still remember my favorite encounter of all time against a Mach 1, very similar to yours.

Stinger2011

Established Member
Good kill. I Had a similar situation about a year ago. Guy jumped me two cars, I reeled him in and then walked him. Guy got butt hurt and ended up trading it to a young guy for an old aluminum boat and an old fourwheeler. Pretty funny actually after all the **** talking I had to listen to.

DallasHopps

Established Member
Excellent story, I loved my full-time 4wd Grand Cherokee for things like this. I always liked pissing off guys who jumped over at a particular stoplight where the lanes merged about 300ft later. Most backed off and got back in line, but I did have a ~'90 firebird go full retard and run into the grass trying to overtake me.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Nice, id love to have one of those srt8 grand cherokees especially with the 392, but the gas mileage sucks so bad. :( It would be my ppl hauler so it would probly get alot of use and I would cry every time I had to fill it up lol.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
I had a similar run in with a guy in previous gen BMW 330 not too long ago. We're in traffic and he's all over my bumper as if he thinks his 260 hp garden variety 3 series is the shit.

We get to open water and I bury it and I see the hood of his car rear up so I can tell he's trying to keep up while I proceed to put bus lengths on him. I slow back down to a sane speed and he won't come anywhere near me. Lol.

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
I embrassed a guy in a 370z so bad in my cobra, guess he didn't pay attention to all the warning signs all around my car.

Users who are viewing this thread