Best option for Main and Rod Bearings?

01Bullitt82

Established Member
Hello SVTPerformance,
I'm actually building a 2v, but I am using a 03 cobra crank and H-beam rods, so I figured this would be the best section to ask about my bearing options. Figured you guys would know this crank and rods better then anyone else. This will be a forged bottom end that will see about 20lbs of boost from my Novi2000. I have to get the Crank turned so I will have to get new Main and Rod bearings. I would just like to see which ones you guys have had the best experience with. Thank you in advance for help.

Last edited:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I've always used Clevite and never had an issue. On tear down later after years of abuse on the motor they still looked brand new like I just installed them.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Last edited:

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
Also used the King coated bearings. I've heard a lot of good things about them. My clevites before looked like dick after 3k miles.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Also used the King coated bearings. I've heard a lot of good things about them. My clevites before looked like dick after 3k miles.

Could you elaborate with more details? I ran about 700 whp on Clevites for 25k miles and they came out looking like new.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
You posted about it in my thread some weeks ago lol.

And? .... so what are the details? I'm curious how your bearings were trashed in 3k miles is all. Improper installation? improper gap, lack of assembly lube, no oil pressure on start up? or where your bearings just complete junk as you're eluding to in your original message?

Users who are viewing this thread