Best prices for Brembo brakes

chao5.0

Established Member
How do they compare to the Brembo 6p gt setup. Which is more like a race kit.

I would read Vorshlag's forum on their track cars the S197 and S550 in particular and you will come away with a good understanding that the factory brakes while good are nothing compared to a true competition kit. The factory uses cast calipers vs a billet caliper, he explains how the aftermarket kit will make pads last longer because of the flex and distortion. He puts a lot of good info out there for people to read if they take the time to do so, he will do trial and error and show you what happens and give a good explanation why and how to correct it.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I would read Vorshlag's forum on their track cars the S197 and S550 in particular and you will come away with a good understanding that the factory brakes while good are nothing compared to a true competition kit. The factory uses cast calipers vs a billet caliper, he explains how the aftermarket kit will make pads last longer because of the flex and distortion. He puts a lot of good info out there for people to read if they take the time to do so, he will do trial and error and show you what happens and give a good explanation why and how to correct it.

That doesn't answer anything to compare against the Brembos.. I don't know anything about the Vorshlag, but I do know the Brembo F50 is one of the best brake calipers ever made.

chao5.0

Established Member
That doesn't answer anything to compare against the Brembos.. I don't know anything about the Vorshlag, but I do know the Brembo F50 is one of the best brake calipers ever made.

If you are talking about the factory 6 piston caliper that Ford offers then it is vastly superior, in regards to what Brembo offers aftermarket wise then I couldn't tell you exactly. Once you get into the aftermarket stuff though it could be a matter of personal preference because any billet caliper from the big brands is going to our perform the factory stuff. If I could buy a 4 or 6 piston kit from Brembo for $2500 then I would consider them as I would any from the big name companies. I see a lot personal preference when it comes to that in road racing, but usually its whatever the rules allow.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Does anyone know if FTR makes an adapter kit for the 2017 GT Mustang 6 piston calipers for the SN95 Cobra?

My friend is willing to sell me his 6 piston calipers from a performance pack GT Mustang for $500.00. They're basically brand new and was curious if this was a good buy.

It's a good buy, but not sure if there are any kits to install them on your SN95.
I have the 4 piston Brembos, but I'm having second thoughts to adding them to my SN95. They require a 3/4" spacer behind the brake rotors. Not sure how I feel about that, or if the wheels would stick out past the fender.

shurur

Established Member
Lots of folks seem to scoff at the baer 4 or 6 piston calipers, but they use stock rotors and C5 pads..so I am leaning that way myself..

Users who are viewing this thread