Best shock options?

RTornio

Established Member
So i have a Ground Force lowering kit on my truck, and im getting ready to replace those rear shackles with JLP shackles to level it out.

The shocks on the truck are garbage, the truck bounces all over the road. So i need a new set.. i have my heart set on QA1's, but the price is just too much for me to afford right now. I found a set of Belltech Nitro drop shocks on ebay, for about 220 shipped. I know these arent the best, though.

Opinions?

Edward

Established Member
FYI, I just put up a brand-new-in-box set of TVS shocks for sale in the classifieds.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
I went with the QA1 on all 4 corners. Nothing better then being able to adjust each shock to your liking.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
Best bang for the buck are Rancho RS 9000's in my opinion. Very durable & adjustable so you can have a tight solid ride or plush and smooth or really loose up front for drag racing. Also you can get the right length for your drop so no need for shock extenders. Mine rides excellent with them.

RTornio

Established Member
Best bang for the buck are Rancho RS 9000's in my opinion. Very durable & adjustable so you can have a tight solid ride or plush and smooth or really loose up front for drag racing. Also you can get the right length for your drop so no need for shock extenders. Mine rides excellent with them.

Hmm.. your truck looks like is about the same height as what mine will be when im done.. do you have the part numbers you used?

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
I have the FRPP (Ground Force) kit too. I did remove one rear leaf and leave the isolators out of the front, shaved down my rear bumpstops and shortened the rear sway bar links.

The RS9000 shock part #'s I used are;

Front - RS999235
Rear - RS999117

Front shocks are direct replacement. Rears require a washer on each side of the lower shock mount because the lower bushing is shorter than our stock shocks so it is too loose in the lower mount.

Users who are viewing this thread