Best shops in TX

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
PSI....go there if you want a shop that you can trust and will treat you with respect no matter how much money you spend:rockon:...unlike some shops

Last edited:

Cobrasvt43

Muscle car whore
Established Member
The biggest thing I need is, the owner only knows it has a motorsport block. It was stroked by the previous owner and we are unsure if it is an aftermarket block or if it is a factory 302 stroked. This affects my level of interest. Will a shop be able to tell me if it is the stock block or if it is a better one? Obviously I want the entire condition looked over, but that is my main concern.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
Cobrasvt43 said:
The biggest thing I need is, the owner only knows it has a motorsport block. It was stroked by the previous owner and we are unsure if it is an aftermarket block or if it is a factory 302 stroked. This affects my level of interest. Will a shop be able to tell me if it is the stock block or if it is a better one? Obviously I want the entire condition looked over, but that is my main concern.
i'm sure any shop can tell you....jsut depend how long itll take

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Cobrasvt43 said:
its in austin guys.. where do i take it?

Motion Dynamics in Pflugerville. I have nothing against Texas Motorsports .. have never delt with them. Motion Dynamics has worked on both of my Cobras and I have gotten to know pretty much the whole shop. They currently have my 95 and are doing a refresh including building me a new engine based on the new BOSS302 block that ford just started shipping. I am extremely picky about who touches my cars and I let these guys show the 04 and have the 95 while I am 6000 miles away for months at a time LOL!

also you may want to post up on www.austinareastangs.com That is probably the largest mustang club in Austin and a great group of guys. The current owner may be a member there.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I sent a PM to the guys at Motion Dynamics .. He thinks they worked on that car and can give you the details. I will shoot you a PM with the guys email addy. Would recommend you at least touch base with him to find out.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
The Car is in AUSTIN guys .. why would he want to drive all the way to houston, Dallas, or Arlinton to have a block typed?

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
RDJ said:
The Car is in AUSTIN guys .. why would he want to drive all the way to houston, Dallas, or Arlinton to have a block typed?
Maybe because he said this in his first post...
Cobrasvt43 said:
Please post up the best! Thanks (any part of tx)
Just a thought. :shrug:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
SVT Lurch said:
Maybe because he said this in his first post...

Just a thought. :shrug:

and then he said this:

and even AFTER he said that .. guys are still going on about HPP and shops in Dallas .... it always helps to read the entire thread before posting. I could understand not doing so if it was filled with posts that are several paragraphs long but this was a bunch of one liners .... not hard to read and THEN post LOL

mrose75

Established Member
Cobrasvt43 said:

What are you wanting them to check out? Just a basic overveiw to make sure it's in good order? Or are you wanting to have work done?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
YGOSLO said:
What are you wanting them to check out? Just a basic overveiw to make sure it's in good order? Or are you wanting to have work done?

From Post #23
Cobrasvt43 said:

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
SVT Lurch said:
Which doesn't specify that the shop has to be in Austin.
Exactly and has anyoned mentioned a shop to take the car in austin more than 2 times? if at all?

HPP Hands down, make the drive.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
95KBGT said:
Exactly and has anyoned mentioned a shop to take the car in austin more than 2 times? if at all?

HPP Hands down, make the drive.

Another bonehead response. There have been two shops mentioned in the thread in the Austin Area.

Apparently reading comprehension is not the strong suit here. He is NOT going to be the one doing the driving. he is going to have someone else drive the car and have it checked out before he flys out to do a personal inspeciton. He says so right up front in Post number 1.

Now, do you clowns actually think that someone is going to drive 2 or 3 hours on the off chance that they will sell the car. I think not. Better to get a shop in Austin to check it out. In fact ... talk to the shop that actually built the engine ...

And since when is the number of mentions any indication of the quality of work or the reputation of a shop? Granted it does show that those who have used them are also on this board but I would stack Motion Dynamics up against ANY of the shops mentioned in this thread. They may or may not be better .. couldn't make that call any more than you can say they aren't but they are at least comprable.

Users who are viewing this thread