Votes: 19 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Thats a tough question. Mainly because everyone has their own opinion. I will go with the NGK's because I think they are the most dependable and consistant plug. I think it was Linn at Amazon that said out of all the plugs they have seen on their cars that they have tuned, the NGK's seemed to give the best results.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I like Autolites. Always had great luck with them in terms of durability and proper heat range.

I've never tried the Brisk or Denso's, but they seem to be a popular choice.

GotGrunt

Established Member
I have the 1st run 12FM1's which are 1-2 steps colder than what came on 2nd/3rd run 03's and all 04's. No complaints here...

Last edited:

mavado007

Established Member
Brisk has treated me good since they were introduced last summer. Smoother Idle, better acceleration, and alot of guys are picking up power on the dyno because there's no strap which means no need for gapping. Havn't dyno'd mine but can definetly tell the difference vs. my previous plugs when I switched them out last summer.

briskplugs.jpg

thrillrr

Established Member
wjfawb0: I've run NGK TR6s, NGK BR7EFs and Brisk 15s. I also ran the stock plugs and the colder first run plugs. All did well in my 2.80 pullied 03 Cobra.

jcalcian

Established Member
NGK TR6 info from Sean Hyland

I have yet to converrt to the TR6 plugs. You can buy the copper core from Advanced Auto Parts for a $1.79 a piece. I just picked up eight. Now for the Gap, once again I'm no expert but I have attached some words from "How to build max performance for Ford 4.6 Liter engines by Sean Hyland", he is a very well known Ford Tuner.

Here is what Sean has to say in his book chapter 10 page 74 and 75, "The prefered plug for most performance applications is the NGK TR6 copper core spark plug. The copper core conducts current well and I recommend the gap be set at .035 inch for naturally aspirated engines, and 0.30 inch for forced induction. The small gain in power obtained with a larger gap is more than offset be the very real possibility of misfires with high cylinder pressures"

Once again this is what I read and am just quoting the book. Hope this data helps.

03 Redfire Cobra
MAF Adapter, Heat Shield and K&N
Magnaflow Catted X and Catback
RWTD Tune.

Waiting to get 5K miles on the motor and the pulleys are going on.

Good luck and let me know how it works out

Jim

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
NGK tr6's @ .035 will get the job done to 600+ HP, blower and n20. No complaints here

Hye

Established Member
Changing spark plugs every year??

How long do these NGK TR-6's last? i hope putting in new sparkplugs is no where near as difficult as changing the ones, say on a lt1 motor...

GotGrunt

Established Member
Hye06 said:
Changing spark plugs every year??

How long do these NGK TR-6's last? i hope putting in new sparkplugs is no where near as difficult as changing the ones, say on a lt1 motor...
We have the easiest plugs to get to by far! Passenger side is a lil' trickier since the intake tube has to come off...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread