Best Stainless steel O/R X Pipe

stang8psi

Established Member
I have had the lethal x-pipe on since june and I just looked at it and there is no rust, it looked just like it did out of the box. Now for the money it's the best bang for the buck, the magnaflow is just too much for the same power,sound etc. so I say the Lethal,BBR,or greyhound performance is the best way.

davidhuff

Established Member
Sound mostly. Aluminized is only mild steel but the coating will make the tubing last a really long damn time. Long after you have sold it.
Are you sure,I had aluminized mild steel exhaust on my 1987 Grand National Turbo and the Exhaust had holes in them after two years.Ford Motors used stainless on our exhaust for a reason.JMO

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Stainless steel is higher quality and will last longer than mild steel however there's nothing wrong with aluminized steel. Aluminized/Mild Stainless will last longer than most will actually own their vehicles for. I ran a UPR aluminized pipe on my 03 Cobra for 7 years. When I took it off it had some surface rust on it but the structural integrity of the pipe was the same as when I first put it on.

I guess it comes down to personal preference and budget.

Jared

Last edited:

CPRsm

Are you sure,I had aluminized mild steel exhaust on my 1987 Grand National Turbo and the Exhaust had holes in them after two years.Ford Motors used stainless on our exhaust for a reason.JMO

I'm sure. If it had holes in it after two years there was a quality problem. Ford just started using 409 recently. Everything before 05 or so was steel. Just had an 89 leave with the stock exh yesterday. Uncoated and looks like hell, but no holes. That I could see.

CPRsm

Eh, it's not bare steel compared to stainless. The location doesn't really matter. There is more moisture in the exhaust from the combustion process naturally than his climate will offer while just sitting.

davidhuff

Established Member
Eh, it's not bare steel compared to stainless. The location doesn't really matter. There is more moisture in the exhaust from the combustion process naturally than his climate will offer while just sitting.
I think that is why I am going stainless.

CPRsm

It's definitely more aggressive ! BMW across the way makes me jealous every time he starts up and drives off. Full SS system, SO nice.

Users who are viewing this thread