Best struts / shocks for 12 gt lowered on H&R Supersports

implosive

Established Member
Well the car has 40k now on its original shocks and struts and has been lowered on the Supersports for at least 30k of those miles. I love the stance of the car but the ride is starting to get on my nerves.

Is anyone running the H&R Supersports with a strut/shock combo that doesn't make them want to throw up while they're driving the car? I know the easy answer is to get a cool over setup but that is really a last resort for me as I am in need of struts, shocks, brakes, tires and moving into a new place all at once. Thanks in advance for suggestions

Highway Star

Established Member
H&R has some high spring rates. That must have been a brutal ride with stock shocks. I will tell you the same thing everybody else will tell you which is Koni Yellows.

Last edited:

implosive

Established Member
Thanks for the suggestions guys, yeah it's been pretty rough with these springs and stock suspension but the look is killer. Beef I'll be contacting you as I know you always have some great deals going on, I didn't know you did suspension as well

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I had the H&R SS's on all for corners, had to remove them from the rear and reinstall the Eibach pro series to keep the car from bottoming out. I need upgraded shock as well. I kept the SS's up front. Ride quality has improved.

Users who are viewing this thread