Best Subfram connectors for a vert?

charger71

Established Member
Honestly, I think the MMFLSFC's are fine for a stock or lightly modded (>500HP) car.

My vert flexed like crazy and I hated it. Had the MM's welded in by a good shop, and now my car is tighter than my friends coupe, and he ordered the MM's after driving my Vert.

Maybe for you hardcore racers or auto-x in a vert, the MM's arent good, but they changed my car a ton. I can jack up the car on one side and the other side comes up with it.

For the price, MM definately wins for the casual cobra. :)

SlowSVT

Established Member
Adding subs will help but keep in mind you are only stiffening the floor pan. But you still will have flimsy A, B, C Pillars, shock towers, frame rails, firewall/dash structure, torque boxes, rear IRS mount. Adding a 6 point roll cage won't even address those area's. When you beef up one area you tend to just push the forces further down the structure. I know every inch of the SN95 chassis structure very......almost too well :nonono:

Get a set of subs (Global West gets my vote), a front STB and perhaps the MM K-member brace and be happy. Keep in mind the more power you make the more tensional loads will be placed on the chassis. They are nice and tight when new but after a while th metal around the spot welds starts to fatigue which is when the creaking starts :cryying:

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
I am surprised no one mentioned Steeda SFC's.
Those things are full length and very well made.
Also, pretty reasonable on the wallet.

20psirabbit

Established Member
i just got some mmflsfc on my vert last night and i was amazed with how much of a difference it made! my car has otherwise bone stock suspension (waiting to get my $$$ together for the mm max grip box) and the fact that i can feel a difference in every situation with those connectors with otherwise crap slush suspension sure made me a believer :pepper:
anyone's flsfc ftw :rolling:

Coiled03

Established Member
Anybody ever done a back-to-back compare between MM and Global West, coupe or vert? I can't imagine a situation when someone would need, or want to do that :dw:, but it'd be an interesting comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread