Best Supercharger on 93 Cobra?

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Red Turtle said:
I ran 490+hp for 2 yrs with no problems with these heads, but I had them O-ringed and had Fel-Pro gaskets. Not too mention back in 95' Dynotuning was not really that big.

490hp through iron heads?? What were you pushing? 30psi of boost and a 100 shot?

racerbox77

Established Member
Lee, I dont think 490hp is too far off. Going by a power speed calculator my car with the stock long block going 122mph at 3400lbs with me in it should be around 475hp. I know these power speed cals arent 100% but they're close.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
racerbox77 said:
Lee, I dont think 490hp is too far off. Going by a power speed calculator my car with the stock long block going 122mph at 3400lbs with me in it should be around 475hp. I know these power speed cals arent 100% but they're close.

I am just amazed that a GT-40 iron could assist in producing that much power!

racerbox77

Established Member
Doesnt matter if your forcing the air through a stock srt neon head boost is boost. my friend has a shop that mods srt neons and the other day he had one there with a stock head and a lot of boost. handed me my ass around the top of 3rd. damn neons!

JKD

Banned
I'm running a Vortech S-Trim and about to add some TFS heads. Iwas hoping to be near the 500rwhp mark but that looks like it might be a little more difficult then I thought with the numbers I have seen around here.

martyo

Established Member
[QUOTE='93blownCOBRA]I've run a Paxton SN-92 for about 10 years. 8lbs of boost. No troubles what so ever (MSD boost itming master to keep the detenation under control). I love it. It's nice and quite with a 747 like whistle above 2,500 rpms. Power doesn't come on until the rpm's also, nice and smooth controllable power which means it drives just like it did from the factory with the same gas mileage too until you drop your foot in it.
[/QUOTE]

I am running the same set up and really like it on this car. Sounds good, runs good and looks right for the period of the car.

I am running a Vortech S Trim on another of my Fox bodies with good results and the Vortechs do have a relatively high "ease of install" factor.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Hey Marty

Do you need a 91 GT to add to your collection? I picked one up in a trade the other nite and need to get rid of it for the purchase for my cobra :-D

$3600 takes it

IMG_3475.jpg

martyo

Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
Hey Marty

Do you need a 91 GT to add to your collection? I picked one up in a trade the other nite and need to get rid of it for the purchase for my cobra :-D

$3600 takes it

IMG_3475.jpg

That car looks good, but what I need to round out my collection is a '93 coupe! Although if I don't start to get some of my cars back from the South, I may have to rebuild my collection.

This weekend I had to take the Cobra out for some ice cream!

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
martyo said:
That car looks good, but what I need to round out my collection is a '93 coupe! Although if I don't start to get some of my cars back from the South, I may have to rebuild my collection.

This weekend I had to take the Cobra out for some ice cream!

Instead of getting your cars back from the South, just move down to the south :-D

martyo

Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
Instead of getting your cars back from the South, just move down to the south :-D

I am closer to moving than you think!

It's just that the thought if having Brian as a roomate scares me! :D

Users who are viewing this thread