best tb for mach 1

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
whats a way i can make around 350 with no spray or supercharger or turbo??

The only way is with a nice size pocket book.

To go to that level N/A you'll need cams, intake, full bolt ons, etc. Spray or FI will be much cheaper in the long run. (unless you blow your block. LOL)

wesking1

Established Member
yeah you can get them cheaper on www.rpmoutlet.com but i am about to get and cold air intake does anyone know what one will give me the most hp? not real sure about the jlt but i read a little bit on the c&l and it comes with the 85mm maf

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
It really doesn't matter, they all give around the same gains (not THAT noticable anyway). JLT/C&L/K&N are all great. A MAF is not required for boltons.

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
I made 310/320 with catback/x-pipe/JLT RAI/PHP intake spacer on a mail order tune. It all depends on the motor of course, hence my "-ish" :beer:

Is that horsepower amount normal for bolt-ons? Seems like everyone's made 320-340 with bolt-ons. I must have a engine that was made at 4:30 friday afternoon.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
How do you know?

About which statement that I made?
I think to clarify, and upgraded MAF is not necessary until you pass the 350+RWHP range.

Is that horsepower amount normal for bolt-ons? Seems like everyone's made 320-340 with bolt-ons. I must have a engine that was made at 4:30 friday afternoon.
Either that, or your tuner. A few have mentioned to you before that your HP numbers are VERY low (assuming a DynoJet dyno). You should easily be in the 320+ range.

so your tell me people have made 340 rwhp with just bolt ons???
No. THen again, I guess I'd have to know "your" definition of 'bolt ons' to accurately answer that.

I haven't dealt with RPM outlet, but I would research them on teh reg. first. You might find some interesting stuff about them.

Last edited:

wesking1

Established Member
i was going by what bmeasher said so what ever he thinks is a bolt on i guess

wesking1

Established Member
when you say touching the heads and/or intake you mean like port and polishing

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
The title of this thread should be changed to "All you need to know about N/A Mach's!" :beer:

wesking1

Established Member
lol yeah i know i just really want to look at what i got to work with right now but thanks for all yalls help

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
About which statement that I made?

Both

ponygt65 said:
I think to clarify, and upgraded MAF is not necessary until you pass the 350+RWHP range.

wesking1 said:
do ya think port and polishing the intake is worth the money

Yes, if the port-work is up to par and you have the other mods to compliment it (LTs, etc.).

Last edited:

wesking1

Established Member
is there a down fall about the jlt cai set up i mean when it is raining can it get wet and if so does it hurt anything

Users who are viewing this thread