Best throttle body plenum combo?

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
I'm still running the stocker so I can't speak from personal experience, but it seems that those who have issues with the Dragon combo either just drive the car more (letting the car adjust to the new T/B) or have their tune tweaked a little.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Thanks, seems like the Dragon's idle high..... Does it just calm down after awhile?

The Dragon's do idle high and the more miles that are put on them the better they get. Or if not then either Dragon or I will ship a new one or the one that is bought is worked on. It's not a "just bolt it on and forget about" it usually though but it's by far the best flowing and best producing one out. The Accufab's are known for issues also. Or just about any other single blade.

moddedmystic

Established Member
I've got a welded Dragon from Stieg and love it!
Never had a problem with the idle and the throttle response is awesome...oh ya and they dont cost as much:beer:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
They are both very good setups that will improve performance in this area. I ran an Accufab for 2 years with no issues. Very good performance, very good driveability. It would take the computer a few miles to "learn" it, but within 40+/- miles the idle would always settle right back down.

I've been running a Posi ported Dragon for the past year with similiar results. On paper it flows better than the Accufab, but I run an Eaton setup where this increased flow generally doesn't have as much of an impact on performance as on a higher flowing system. Driveability is excellent, idle is fine, crusie control works great. Took a few miles for it to break in when it was new, but it now performs flawlessly.

Users who are viewing this thread