Best Tuner and CAI for 2011 5.0 auto?

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
How about the VMP tune? I purchased a file from Justin, but ran into some very serious troubles. I got a new file from Justin after my car was taken care of by SCT and I'm very nervous to try it to be honest with you. I have a BBR file and I like the power but it seems a little aggressive on the part throttle shifting.

SCT does not have the 11 databases totally sorted out yet. I tune some advanced parameters, which work fine on some PCM codes, but on your particular PCM code caused a crash. Though it was easily remedied.

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
SCT does not have the 11 databases totally sorted out yet. I tune some advanced parameters, which work fine on some PCM codes, but on your particular PCM code caused a crash. Though it was easily remedied.

I figured that it wasn't your fault since I've been reading lately that it is common to have one to crash every now and then.

The best thing is that after installing the new file, I couldn't be any happier lol
I love the shifting and I originally tested the car with a mix of 89/93 since I forgot to fill her up with 93 until only after the tune was already installed. But now the car rocks! It's so docile on light throttle but once you go WOT it turns into a beast!! The shifting is amazing because they are all nice and firm when you need them to be, but not overly aggresive especially shifting into second gear. My other tune shifts hard in second and the rest are not as hard, but the worst thing IMO is the 1/4 throttle hard shift in second that get very anoying.

So all in all I'm very happy with your tune and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a nice auto tune.

Thanks Justin!

Epi

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread