Best turbo kit?

Droppintwins

Established Member
Hey all, looking to go turbo in the future and was wondering what was the best turbo kit out there? Don't really have time to build one. Any input is appreciated.

Talk to Jim Napier at turbohorsepower.com . I just bought a twin 61mm kit from them and everything looks great. The build time was only just over a month. I believe their kits are top notch and do not use the stock manifolds like most kits sold. Check out his website you will be impressed!

infidel0910

Established Member
To be honest and do not take this the wrong way. Your question sucks

Asking what is the best turbo kit, is like asking what brand car is the best. There is no answer.

What do you want out of a kit?

Are you looking for ease of install, which makes the most power, nicest looking, best fitment etc? There are SOOO many options depending on what your goals are.

I thought it was an ok question from someone that hasn't owned a turbo car or installed a kit.
I stated what I wanted out of a kit. Reliability. Thats really my chief concern. Looks don't really matter to me. I don't have 1000 Hp goals, so I'm sure most kits can come close to 700 or 800 Hp. I just didn't want to have to take the kit apart in 3000 miles cuz the turbo failed or something else went wrong. I would imagine most kits aren't EASY to install. I was just looking to get people's opinions who have used a certain kit and their experiences with it. I have heard a high mounted hellion single kit works well, and that seems to be the most reliable kit that I've heard of so far.

itSSlow98

Established Member
I'm happy with my hellion single, but if your looking for a 700-800hp car that will be as reliable as a new civic no combo will make you happy. You will always be tinkering with something at those power levels especially if everything isn't built already.

TRBO VNM

I had to design a sump for my scavenge pump to eliminate drain back issues, it did the job but I just hated the kit, why spend boatloads on a kit that can't be shown off?

Plenty of people that contact me want them hidden and plenty want them to be seen. It has been about 50/50 for those who care and don't care. Everyone has a different opinion of what they want for their money.

OP, you could go with a hellion single, upgrade to the precision turbo and easily make the power you want and have room to grow with it. I made 700rwhp with no problem and still had more if I turned it up.

Last edited:

itSSlow98

Established Member
Plenty of people that contact me want them hidden and plenty want them to be seen. It has been about 50/50 for those who care and don't care. Everyone has a different opinion of what they want for their money.

OP, you could go with a hellion single, upgrade to the precision turbo and easily make the power you want and have room to grow with it. I made 700rwhp with no problem and still had more if I turned it up.

You don't even need the precision to make what he wants realistically.

TRBO VNM

You don't even need the precision to make what he wants realistically.

Yeah I know. The precision is rated for about 100 more hp, so I was just thinking future power increases and with offered discounts :beer:, the price of the upgrade isn't that bad. Plus since I know they are tested with higher oil pressure. Just an option really.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread