Best TV for $400?

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
Walmart has a 42" LCD LG for $398 and I have heard good things about it. I'm definitely gonna price check online, but is there a better TV in that price range? Any experiences? I definitely will not buy Vizio.

10splaya22

Established Member
If you can, wait until Black friday. I got a 46" Apex 1080P LCD for 450 and that was 2 years ago. I know its off brand but its worked flawlessly for the time i've had it.

You could probably get a 42" for 250 in a month and a half

20redfire03

Established Member
Buddy of mine just got an LG or a Samsung 720p plasma from HHGreg for right around $400 I believe.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
$100 more and you can get a 50 inch Samsung. What's wrong with Vizio though?

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Samsungs are the best TVs out there now IMO, i'd save up for a decent one or try and get one on black friday for a good deal.

svtaddict

Established Member
i install tv service and have had a few vizio owners televisions just go black and only display the vizio logo i guess its an issue, lg tvs are alright stay away from apex,westinghoudse, memorex, hitron i can keep going if you want. samsungs are the shit right now before getting into the mega high dollar tvs. projectors have gotten miles better too

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I never heard of this brand but it got high reviews at Costco.com. Reading through the ratings, the picture and sound are overall average, but the low price is what the majority of buyers rave. $369.00 for a 42" 1080P flat screen is about the lowest I've ever seen for a flat screen this size. Might be worth at least considering, unless you need an optimum quality picture. Refresh rate is low at 60hz. Just tossing this out for consideration. Seems like a fairly good TV for cheap. And Costco has a great return policy.
Hisense 42" 1080p LED HDTV 42K26

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
I have a 47" vizio and it works great. Guess it's a hit or miss :shrug: But I agree with others to wait till Back Friday. I grabbed my 60" sharp for 1k.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
i install tv service and have had a few vizio owners televisions just go black and only display the vizio logo i guess its an issue, lg tvs are alright stay away from apex,westinghoudse, memorex, hitron i can keep going if you want. samsungs are the shit right now before getting into the mega high dollar tvs. projectors have gotten miles better too
That's a first. I still have my old 37 inch LCD Vizio from almost 6 years ago (cost me close to $1k at its time) and it works perfectly. Have no issues in sound or video and everything is being run thru HDMI. Of course my 50 inch Samsung blows it away in everything but sound, I hate their damn speakers even the 61 inch sounds like crap.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
That's a first. I still have my old 37 inch LCD Vizio from almost 6 years ago (cost me close to $1k at its time) and it works perfectly. Have no issues in sound or video and everything is being run thru HDMI. Of course my 50 inch Samsung blows it away in everything but sound, I hate their damn speakers even the 61 inch sounds like crap.

That's why you should have a surround sound setup :poke: TV's make pretty pictures, not sound :beer:

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
At $400...everything is going to look about the same lol. Just pick one

If you can fit larger than a 42", I would STRONGLY consider saving more money

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Walmart has a 42" LCD LG for $398 and I have heard good things about it. I'm definitely gonna price check online, but is there a better TV in that price range? Any experiences? I definitely will not buy Vizio.

Sounds like a decent deal and LG makes a good TV. Like others said, if possible, wait until black Friday and you will be able to get that same TV for $298 more than likely, or something better for $398. That's what I did when I got my 42" Vizio about 2 years ago and it's been a great TV.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I'm actually waiting until the new OLED's come out(when???) and will purchase a 50" slim Samsung because it will fit perfectly in my built-in and be a huge upgrade over my 40" Samsung that I've had for the last 5 years.

Father-in-law has a 42" Vizio that has worked flawless for the last 2 years and puts out a good picture. He also recently installed a Vizio soundbar w/wired sub and it actually sounds very good for $130 it cost him.

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
Panasonic plasma hands down! You can actually get the 2011 model for a very good price on amazon. Even their 3D model.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
Vizio! I have had a Vizio Plasma in our bedroom for several years now not a single issue ever. Recently bought my grandfater a Vizio 42" Lcd 120hz built in WiFi for under $ 400.00 @ Sams Club.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
That's why you should have a surround sound setup :poke: TV's make pretty pictures, not sound :beer:
Never said I don't have a surround sound :poke: At 10pm+, last thing I wanna do is wake up everyone in the house :lol1::beer: It's 2012, TV speakers could be a lot better

FiveSpeed

Established Member
Recently purchased a 47" LED Smart Vizio from Walmart for $680. When I found out Vizio is an American company that manufactures their products in the USA I went for it. On top of that my sister has had her 42" Vizio for 6 years now and uses it every day with no issues.

+1 on Vizio

Users who are viewing this thread